Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I installed "TELTEK" gages
You'll have to drill the firewall and install the sensor, couldn't use the existing one. The digital display is very readable.... I replaced the other gages at the same time so now I have an accurate volt meter and a clock instead of the Power gage which was just a vacuum gage.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kruser,

I was trying to retain the look of the original gauge package. I have an 05 that came with the 03/04 instrumentation and while the GPM and transmission temperature gauges light up and do "their thing" at start up, they drop to the stops during operation. Did you keep your original gauges? Would you be willing to sell me the temp gauge?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,058 Posts
Looking for an outside temp gauge for the 05 auxiliary cluster.
After reading this thread, it appears that you have The wrong console gauge cluster in your 2005. The gauges are not independent devices that can be swapped out, but instead are just slaves to the digital decoder on the circuit board that is behind the gauges. Changing out the gauge will NOT give you outside temperature.... you will need to change the circuit board to make it work.

Let me offer a simple swap for you....... I have a couple 2005-2006 console gauge clusters and would be willing to do a direct swap with you. What color is your cluster? If you have a color that I don’t have on hand, you can mail me your cluster and I will swap out the gauges and the board.... and then get it right back to you.

You can call me on my cell tomorrow..... 480-225-2123

Regards,

Mike

·
LKMURKY
448 Posts
After reading this thread, it appears that you have The wrong console gauge cluster in your 2005. The gauges are not independent devices that can be swapped out, but instead are just slaves to the digital decoder on the circuit board that is behind the gauges. Changing out the gauge will NOT give you outside temperature.... you will need to change the circuit board to make it work.

Let me offer a simple swap for you....... I have a couple 2005-2006 console gauge clusters and would be willing to do a direct swap with you. What color is your cluster? If you have a color that I don’t have on hand, you can mail me your cluster and I will swap out the gauges and the board.... and then get it right back to you.

Regards,

Mike
Mike:
I have Temp gauge in my Cluster on my 06. Don't care for it, I get the same info on the dash readout.
Open for trades, if you don't work something out with WrkTrk. Call me on my cell tomorrow. We can do something in the mail or just swap at Daytona.
Cary
:blur:

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,401 Posts
Has anyone ever taken the time to compare the accuracy of the Outside Temperature Gauge on the tunnel vs the one in the DIC?

Neither one is all that convenient although the DIC is a little better once it has been selected.

Besides, what difference does it make?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Temp Gauge 03-04

Has anyone ever taken the time to compare the accuracy of the Outside Temperature Gauge on the tunnel vs the one in the DIC?

Neither one is all that convenient although the DIC is a little better once it has been selected.

Besides, what difference does it make?

This is off the subject a bit but anyone out there added either inside, outside or both Temp Gauges, to 03-04 THAT LOOKS GOOD?

I've tried some junk stuff already but couldn't stand the look. :nodno

Paul

·
Premium Member
542 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Can one change the speedo motors in these gauges like the cluster in the dash?

Regards,

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts