Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for an outside thermometer for my 04. Something simple that I can just stick on the windshield or put on the dash with a wireless sensor for outside. Maybe have it solar powered like my TPMS. I can't seem to find a thing. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,738 Posts
I've seen cars with a little round one attached to a corner of their outside mirror, but I couldn't tell you where they purchased them. Good luck.

Dave

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Quite a few on EBay, here is a small sampling. These are wired, does it need to be wireless?

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
I've seen cars with a little round one attached to a corner of their outside mirror, but I couldn't tell you where they purchased them. Good luck.

Dave
Something like this?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quite a few on EBay, here is a small sampling. These are wired, does it need to be wireless?

Mike, does it "need" to be wireless? Well, I guess not. But a solar or batyery powered one would definitely be better. That's what I was looking for.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,318 Posts
Your could try this.... Just put it where the wipers don't hit! :LOL: :LOL:
And it's wireless!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Hmmmm, well the only other options I see currently would be to either get a bluetooth sensor and use your phone to see the temperature or use something like below. With either choice you would need to either change batteries on the sensor every few months or create/find a small 12v adapter to knock the voltage down and connect it to a circuit that is only powered when the car is on. I have a wireless sensor I use for home use, I end up changing batteries in it about every 6 months or so, not too bad,

Small Indoor outdoor unit

Or
Bluetooth sensor only

1 - 7 of 7 Posts