Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I did something to let GM know how we felt about the price gouging that some of the dealerships are doing. I called the 800 number listed in GMbuypower and made an offical complain. GM needs to know how we feel about what their dealerships are doing. It isn`t bad enough that our vehicles are late coming out and have already started to depreciate but we have to pay more because of dealership greed. I don`t know if it will help but it is worth a try.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers I agree. You should post the phone number right here in this thread so we can all call and voice our concerns. Mine went from Nov. build date to Feb.-March. Meanwhile, my deposit (which is quite large) is gaining interest in someone elses' bank....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MSRP

Ya'll know got tagged for some extra bucks above MSRP when I got mine...and I don't want to sound like a bad case of sour grapes but...along with the mom, apple pie and the new SSR there are other things to cherish; like a free market system. I was a bit peeved over the last minute price hike on mine but that was because of the timing (the day it showed up). Had I known in advance I would have also done some shopping around to see if I could get a better deal. I think it's only natural that prices are going to vary around the nation based on the local area economy and cost of living. No doubt $46K is worth a lot less in silicon valley than it is Arkansas City so a set nation-wide price would therefore impact the dealers relative profit. The manufacturers suggested price is there for dealers to work with to manage a profit. It's up to us consumers to either pay it, go elsewhere, or negotiate a lower price. Other than the unannounced price hike, the dealer and sales staff that I went through was fantastic and just as excited about the SSR as I was. If the Garden State has higher prices at the dealer, well the houses cost more too.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts