Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has asked for the phone number to express a complaint over the sticker gouging going on with the SSR`s. The phone number is1-800-462-8976. Just tell them that you would like to submit a complaint. We have to realize these are a year old already and yet the dealers want to charge us more for us waiting so long and them making interest on our deposit money.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
That someone was me and you can bet your bottom dollar I will call as soon as I get off from work today! Thank you!:boxing

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PRICE GOUGING

GOT A CALL TODAY MY SSR HAD COME IN. I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE 12 / 01. OH, AND BY THE WAY WE WANT $ 20,000 MARKET ADJUSTMENT. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? THEY SAY IT'S AN ORDER THAT CAME DOWN FROM HENDRICKS MOTOR SPORTS. GREADY SOBS. I CALLED THE 1-800-462-8976 NUMBER. IT'S NO GOOD. THEY TRANSFERED ME TO 1-800-222-1020 WHO WERE VERY NICE. THEY LISTENED TO ME, UNDERSTOOD THIS WASN'T IN GMS BEST INTEREST, AND CALLED THE DEALER. THEY TOLD ME THE DEAR TOLD THEM TO KISS OFF. EVIDENTLY SHORT TERM PROFIT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THEM THEN LONG TERM CUSTUMER SATISFACTION. HOW SHORT SIGHTED. I'VE BOUGHT THREE PICKUPS & FOUR CADILACS FROM THIS DEALER AND THEY ALWAYS TREATED ME FAIRLY. I CAN GUERANTEE YOU - ME, MY FAMILY, NONE OF MY EMPLOYEES, ( AND ANYONE ELSE WHO I CAN TALK TO ) WON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALER. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT IS IN THE DEALERS BEST INTEREST TO SELL SUCH A HIGH VISIBILTY TRUCK TO SOMEONE WHO THINKS THEY GOT SCREWED & HATES THEIR GUTS. ALTHOUGH I HAVE FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL AND HAVEN'T OFFICIALLY REJECTED THE OFFER, THEY ARE POLLING THE PEOPLE LOWER ON THE LIST TO SEE IF THEY CAN FIND ANYONE TO TAKE THE DEAL. THIS SHOWS HOW MUCH MY DEPOSIT & AGREEMENT MEANT TO THEM. WHY DON'T THEY JUST AUCTION IT OFF. SCREWED IN VA BEACH.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:boxing This Is exactly why I did not buy mine here either. Last minute shaft. Yea, I know all about the free economy and market system, and you know what? That works both ways folks. Like you Jack, all my family and friends, and they are very numerous, will not be shopping at these greedy dealerships. A little mark up is reasonable, but this is highway robery.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Gouging

The "little mark-up" is already built into the price. Any additional mark-up is totally unacceptable. Give us the names and addresses of the dealers! Put it out for the whole world to see! It will cost them big bucks in the long run. What are you afraid of? I personally cost the dealer in Pomona, CA two sales (one of them a Corvette) after the truck manager laughed at me almost two years ago when I asked if I could put down a deposit for an SSR with a MSRP selling price. (He said I would never be able to buy one for any less than $8-10M over sticker. I told him thanks but no thanks, and he laughed again and all but called me a fool and wanted to argue about options, pricing, etc. All this from a guy who had about as much knowledge about the SSR as he had people skills. Ha!) They may never know it, but as long as I live in Southern California, I will make every effort to help send business away from this moron (near where I work) to my dealer in Corona (near where I live), who I can't say enough good things about.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Rip off report

There is a web site called RipOffReprot.com where people can air their grievances. If you want to spread the word, you can go there as well. Several chevrolet dealerships are listed there. The interesting thing about this site is that they give space for the 'accused' to give a rebuttal, just in case they actually have a good reason for their behavior.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the last minute "market adjustments". IF you agreed on a price they should stick to it.

I ordered mine from a local dealer that I have worked with for several years now. I tried to give them a deposit back in April and the GM said do not worry about, he did not need a deposit.
We had agreed on MSRP or a little below depending on the invoice cost. Apparently the SSR does not have quite the same markeup percentage as a "normal" fullsize" Chevy, so we agreed on MSRP. I have averaged a little over 6 vehicles per year from them for the last 3 years (Chevy, cadillacs and Nissan), but I was still waiting for some sort of suprise at the finance office.

They had an offer from another dealership a few days before it came in for 7k over sticker for my SSR. The GM told my salesman that the SSR was mine at MSRP unless I did not want it. Paid MSRP and feel like I was treated fairly and am happy with the price. :cheers

Wait a few months into '04 and I think you will find a them selling for 1 to 2 thousand under MSRP. If they produce more than the planned number of '04s (like Ford did at the end of the '02 year) the price could drop even further. Remember that the 2 seat drop top market has had lots of new cars come out in the last year or so, and the market for 2 seaters in general is limited.

·
Registered
60 Posts
price gouging

I had my SSR ordered and the deposit on it since April 2002 at Courtesy Chevrolet here in San Jose CA.. When it came on Monday and they called me, they said the price would be $25,000 over MSRP, take it or leave it. I was shocked and hurt to be treated like this. I told them to forget it, I will never deal with them again.
I then started lookin around, I found another red SSR at Billings Chevrolet here in the area and they agreed to sell it to me for a reasonable price with no inflated markup. I am now driving my SSR and am happier that heck.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
That is so cool that you found one so late in the game and are actually driving it! Good for you man!:angel

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
price gouging

Got my yellow SSR yesterday. paid 5K over MSRP. Feel I was treated very shabbily by Colonial Chevrolet. Learned a valuable lesson. As bad as my buying experience was I've had a grin on my face ever since I picked the truch up. The truck is great, the dealer sucks. I'll have many years to enjoy the truck. I'll never do business with Colonial Chevrolet again.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers Jack, I sat in your truck, turned the key on, listened to the exhaust note, and played with the top. Sorry about those scratches from my leather jacket though!.....just kiddin bud. I can't believe you got it for 5K over MSRP. They said they were holding out for 20K over msrp. Just what exactly did they compute as MSRP? They do some really fuzzy math at these Va. dealerships. HOpe to see you this spring. I have a Feb. build date and delivery, supposedly but will have to fly out west and drive it back. It will be worth it. The dealer out there is treating me very nicely and I trust and respect him. MSRP is what the Chev. web site quotes as $41,995.00 for the 1SA pkg. Not interested in the the 1SB pkg.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Colonial chevy

I had been talking to Colonial Chevy too. I wasn't planning on dealing with them either. But then I got a call from a salesman asking if I was still interested. I asked what was the price. He said MSRP, but it was first come first serve. Since I'm only in VB once or twice a month, I doubted I could be the first, so I said thanks for the info and hung up. I was going to post the info here that night, but then I got a call back from the general sales manager 15 mins later. He said the salesman had made a mistake and that it would be 20k over sticker. I said that was too bad because I hate RK chevy and I could have made them my dealer of choice, but that won't happen now. I might have to go to Puquoson (sp?) to buy in the future. Or maybe I'll just drive my SSR forever.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2004 at MSRP
I was covering all bases and had a 03 and 04 lined up. I got the 03 #567 couple weeks ago and cancelling the deal on the 04.
I've heard all the horror stories but touch wood I didn't have any problems on the 03.
The dealer on the 04 has sent my deposit back and will give my slot to someone else. He will sell it at msrp plus tax, tag & Doc fee.and put it in writing. This is the best dealership and people I have ever dealt with so if you are thinking about an 04 (May build date) this may be the answer. I realize msrp may not be the best deal around next May but if anyone is going to do a better deal, maybe dropping the price below msrp, this would be the dealer.
First come first serve - Beasley Cross Chevrolet
Kannapolis, NC
1-800-467-1104
Ask for Doug Wyrick - Sales Manager

1 - 15 of 15 Posts