Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,387 Posts
Starken, Hang on someone will chime in. Meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anybody know someone in the Seattle area that works on SSR's and can solve the overheating

Ken

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Called Ken, referred him to Mike in AZ and Joe Delano. Ken needs to find a local "neighborhood" mechanic as he has called several dealers and they won't help him.

:00000732: Ken and your 2004 Redline Red !!!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Ken, I had a problem with my 04 a few years ago. It was the fan not working. I replaced mine fan with one from Mike Moro at Simple Engineering, 480-225-2123. I haven't had any problems since. We also have a very good mechanic here in Puyallup that can look at your truck and install the new fan if it is needed. Contact Mike first and see what he suggests.
The mechanic I use is Steve Swanlund, 15th Street Auto in Puyallup, 253-840-2250
There are 3 of us that live in Orting so give me a call if you need further help (253-370-8917)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Hi Ken,

Welcome from another One of the Orting Gang, Glenn is right on with his suggestion, check with Mike first, He knows a lot about these trucks.
Our friend Steve is a good mechanic and will help you with your SSR.
Good luck on fixing the heating problem hope to see you in the near future.

Jack :purple: :smile2:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do yourself a favor and flush your cooling system out, replace your hoses,thermostat, and get a fan from Mike. You might want to replace the air dam with one of his as it will push more air up to the radiator and while your there replace the radiator support. All these parts are 14-15 years old they won't last forever,sounds like a lot but peace of mind rolling down the road is worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts