Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading my '06 Owners Manual like a good boy and the following statement appears on page 2-28:

"Press the two outside mirror buttons to light the
transmission positions on the console."

I can't figure out what in the world they are talking about. At night the white light that comes on under the mirror when doors are opened changes to an amber light that illuminates the console area somewhat. I see no way of selecting whether it is on or off. I don't see any transmission position indicators on the console at all! Does anyone know what they are referring too??? :confused :confused

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same light with '05

Mine was the same. The book doesn't tell how to turn it off. With experiment, found if you start the vehicle and hold down the far right light button and keep depressed for approx. 20 sec. the yellow light will be disabled. To activate hold the two right side buttons for several seconds and it will reactivate.

I found the yellow light to present a very bad glare problem at night or rural roads. The most problematic was the side windows.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
SSRLRT said:
Mine was the same. The book doesn't tell how to turn it off. With experiment, found if you start the vehicle and hold down the far right light button and keep depressed for approx. 20 sec. the yellow light will be disabled. To activate hold the two right side buttons for several seconds and it will reactivate.

I found the yellow light to present a very bad glare problem at night or rural roads. The most problematic was the side windows.
Check this thread-
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4653&highlight=mirror+light

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks Guys,
I knew I joined this site for a reason. Obviously I was having the same situation but felt foolish about asking. :lol
Now I know better, there are no foolish questions, just foolish answers.
who said that ?
Bard's '05 :ssr

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Nice to have Options!

SSRLRT said:
... I found the yellow light to present a very bad glare problem at night or rural roads. The most problematic was the side windows.
I think it is great to have the option to have the amber "mood lighting" on or off in our SSRs! I think it really looks "Kool" when it is on at night and I personally haven't found it to be distracting enough to want it turned off. :)

Just my .02

BTW: I wonder how much distracting reflection(s) it will cause in an SSR with the chrome option in the interior?
:confused

·
Registered
153 Posts
Marc NY said:
I think it is great to have the option to have the amber "mood lighting" on or off in our SSRs! I think it really looks "Kool" when it is on at night and I personally haven't found it to be distracting enough to want it turned off. :)

Just my .02

BTW: I wonder how much distracting reflection(s) it will cause in an SSR with the chrome option in the interior?
:agree

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marc NY said:

Just my .02

I have the chrome option in the interior. The amber light doesn't seem to bother me...I was just confused by the wording in the owners manual and I'm happy to know that I can turn it off if I want!!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
My HHR has a soft white mood light that shines down from the rear view mirror. It's purpose is suppose to be to add lighting to the lower counsel switches. I've never read to see if there is a way to turn it off.

I drove my SSR home from the dealer at night time but noticed no mood lights. I'll have to check for this now. I did notice the three lights on the edge of the rear view mirror.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts