Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,641 Posts
Looks like a pretty one. Hope they get that price. That will help all of us.

·
Premium Member
9,418 Posts
Nice looking truck, and rare, as long as it was originally a two-tone. Mileage is fairly low.

It's pricey, considering it is not an FPR, does not have a chrome package, and seeing as out of 91 photos, there isn't one of the trunk area, likely has the tupperware trunk area. Those items alone would easily add 5K to the value.

I'd also be concerned about the dealer only having 77.5 % positive feedback. Anything under 95% is cause for concern. Most corporate vendors try to maintain 95% or better.

Reactions: S2NAZ

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice looking truck, and rare, as long as it was originally a two-tone. Mileage is fairly low.

It's pricey, considering it is not an FPR, does not have a chrome package, and seeing as out of 91 photos, there isn't one of the trunk area, likely has the tupperware trunk area. Those items alone would easily add 5K to the value.

I'd also be concerned about the dealer only having 77.5 % positive feedback. Anything under 95% is cause for concern. Most corporate vendors try to maintain 95% or better.

I just pulled the build sheet on it. It is originally 2 tone. Also has the wood trim bed cargo area.
But still, thats pricey......

·
Registered
605 Posts
Gateway is a middle man seller, you take your car to them, tell them what you want and then they try to sell it high so they can make lots of $$$. When I was going to sell my 1968 AMX I went down to their ATL facility and was NOT impressed. A few cars (2 AMXs because I know them inside/out) I had read about on their web site looked nothing like they did in person. The cars were crammed into a warehouse type of venue, so much that some cars you could not open the passenger door it was so close to the next car. No doubt, at least with the AMXs they have a very talented creative writing staff. Lots of cars sit because they are asking a lot more then the car owner would because of the cut they must get for doing the sell. If they did not take pics of the trunk there very well may be a problem there. I ran from the place.

·
Super Moderator
14,094 Posts
Cali is correct - all Gateway vehicles on consignment as far as I know, and they seem to price things at any price

This particular SSR was for sale in August 2017 for $26k
This was a very good price and I missed it - (I considered it under-priced at the time)

However, I did buy this one for North Freeway in 2014 - it was offered for sale then with 4500 miles for $40k.

For "near" that $45k I know of 2 PB/S for sale
Both under 100 miles, FPR, full load including chrome package - one 6sp - one automatic.

I left a message for Flyboy regarding assistance with his forum problems and discuss the SSR as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts