Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posing this question to the other Pace Truck owners. Do any of you know what Wheel to Wheel used to seal the Strobe lens to the body to prevent moisture intrusion? It looks like a thin bead of black RTV. It needs to be non corrosive, non etching and pliable with enough adhesion to allow for and still seal with thermal expansion of the lens, but not so tenacious as to prevent removal of the lens to service the strobes. The two upper roof lens and one corner of the tailgate lens are where we currently need to re-seal. I'm thinking Permatex Ultra Black, but I figured one of the other Pace owners has had to deal with this before. Thx

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,564 Posts
Gorsch Cuz, no need to git fancy. I just used a squirt or two of ELMER'S on my strobes..........

2018-01-17-10-20-19-2130221039.jpeg

■■■ Theys be stickin' just fine!! --- >:) :grin2:

===============
David :black:

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Go sit in the corner David and dream about actually having an SSR in your garage.....:wink2:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,564 Posts
Hell Gary, whadda ya think I'm doing already?!?!?!!

2018-01-17-10-41-21-1714587635.jpeg

♥♥♥ ~ Actually, my garage began to "re-fill" back up day before yesterday!! :laugh:

===============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,014 Posts
Posing this question to the other Pace Truck owners. Do any of you know what Wheel to Wheel used to seal the Strobe lens to the body to prevent moisture intrusion? It looks like a thin bead of black RTV. It needs to be non corrosive, non etching and pliable with enough adhesion to allow for and still seal with thermal expansion of the lens, but not so tenacious as to prevent removal of the lens to service the strobes. The two upper roof lens and one corner of the tailgate lens are where we currently need to re-seal. I'm thinking Permatex Ultra Black, but I figured one of the other Pace owners has had to deal with this before. Thx
Gary, Ultra Black is made for gaskets where oil and fuel resistance is needed. It is great stuff for under the hood or areas not exposed to sunlight as it has no UV inhibitors in it. Look for a Silicone RTV adhesive/sealer made for exterior (windows) or marine use. Also the ultra black is actually dark grey when it cures not black.
Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts