Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I would like to get all the Florida SSR guys to start a club up. Looking for people in the south florida area, but we could make the whole state of florida open to the club. I am a member of an Impala SS club and we have a blast at the weekend local car show and cruzin to events around the state. There are many benfits to putting together a club. 1. Having everyone together and enjoying our SSR's. 2. Discounts on group buys in the area and area discounts in certain auto shops that will support us. 3. Cool shirts, hats, and other nice stuff to show your love for the SSR. 4. MOD FEST- A night of str8 modding. All members get together and help each other to install or tune mods. 5. Last but not least A weekly meeting to hang out and talk SSR. I would like to have this meeting in DAVIE,FL (near Ft. lauderdale) @ the Tower Shops Friday Car show. This is a great place to have the meeting at. Lots of people and things to do. Please let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions let me know. Have a great day everybody!

:party :cheers :grouphug

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW! :nodno This thread has been viewed 57 times and noone has anything to say!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Views

Well I view all threads (whether I live in Florida or not). So you may just have 57 people who don't live in Florida reading your thread. :flag

If you make a club in Virginia Beach or Atlantic City, I would be there.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking4_an_ssr said:
Well I view all threads (whether I live in Florida or not). So you may just have 57 people who don't live in Florida reading your thread. :flag

If you make a club in Virginia Beach or Atlantic City, I would be there.
\

Thats very true Looking4. Thank you very much for the support. Maybe we should start a nation wide club instead. Have a great weekend.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
irish said:
will be on the west coast in Oct and will be glad to join.

irish

Great, Thank you Irish I will add you to the list. Thanks again. :party :cheers :grouphug

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marc NY said:
I think it might be eaiser to start a national club first. There are very few SSR owners in my area of state of NY.

Very true, but down here in Florida I see them everywhere. I would say there is at least 100 in the Tri-county area alone. I also have to keep in to consideration that not everyone knows about this great site. I guess national might be the best way. Are we sure noone has already started a national club?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Brownhornet, the way it looks like its going you may be one of our first members. :cheers

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
SSR club

There is an SSR club in California now that has people from everywhere sign in.
It is , www.SSR-Club.com. :party

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been a SSR owner in south florida for almost 6 months now. I have only ever seen 1 other ssr on the road.. if there is 100 where are all of them at. The ssr is a pile of fun to drive. but all the attention is a pain in the ---. i'll have to check out the tower shops on a friday night. i have been there a few time for car shows.

2004 ssr #3785 black
2004 ford lightning # 3541 black
1979 corvette black
1982 el camino black

fatrat96 / john :party

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
attention

I have to disagree. I thoroughly enjoy all the attention the SSR gets. I think that is a big part of owning a car like this. I really enjoy standing around and talking to people about the SSR. It's amazing how many nice people you meet when you drive an SSR.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Attention

DITTO
:agree :cheers

:cool

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Attention Part 2

When I don't want any Attention, I just drive my Wife's VW Passat!!!!
It's a very good "UNDERCOVER" Car.

Happy Cruising In Florida!!!:party
:cheers

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Attention was part of the point

Spent twenty minutes in the parking lot of Kroger's talking to a guy who was drooling profusely over the truck. He was seriously interested and we had an interesting talk. Of course, I just HATE talking about the truck. :lol . It's kinda like walking in the park with a fuzzy puppy - all the right people want to stop and see it.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I don't think all the SSR owners/drivers know about this site and that may be the reason for local lack of response. I guess we will need to start a Southwest SSR club. What do ya say fella's? Oklahoma, Texas, NM, Louisiana, Ark.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I don't think all the SSR owners/drivers know about this site and that may be the reason for local lack of response. I guess we will need to start a Southwest SSR club. What do ya say fella's? Oklahoma, Texas, NM, Louisiana, Ark.

Count me in!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts