Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone has the GM paint code/exact name of the satin silver paint that was used on the satin SSR rims.

I have two with very slight curb rash and was thinking of taking care it.

If worse comes to worse, I can get all four power coated locally in the same type color for $550...

Anybody?

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
When I put the SSR decals on the inside of my chrome rims...I took the rims to body shop..he painted the rims with OEM paint... the cost was $ 40.00 per rim...
ssr notch cap.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up until May of 2004 they used Sterling Silver? I’m assuming you have to see your build date to figure out what color you have. The one I’m looking at is an 04 so that’s the transition year.

·
SSR Believer
1,126 Posts
Welcome Frank! Per @Dicktator there should be a service code label inside the dash glove compartment similar to the photo attached. Per others, you'd be looking for:

73P (Sterling Silver) or 96P (ultra silver).

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.54.44 PM.JPG

Here's a thread about how to read it:

Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I believe those codes on the label are option codes and while "73P", for instance, identifies that the vehicle has sterling silver colored rims it does little to help paint distributors mix a batch of matching paint. I downloaded the attached file from this forum several years ago it does have various paint manufacturers codes.

Attachments

·
SSR Believer
1,126 Posts
I believe those codes on the label are option codes and while "73P", for instance, identifies that the vehicle has sterling silver colored rims it does little to help paint distributors mix a batch of matching paint. I downloaded the attached file from this forum several years ago it does have various paint manufacturers codes.
Excellent find! (y)

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,877 Posts
@Frank71, There's your answer!! ALSO---Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.
Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven’t bought it yet...going to look on Saturday. If it’s as nice as I hope it is, I’ll probably drive it home. I’ll be glad to fill everything out once I’m an official owner. Thanks for welcoming me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts