Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the paint code, color description or manufacturer for the satin type paint used on the Speedline wheels? I tried to call and write Speedline but no help? None of the Chevy parts dealers have anything on their computers?

My wife kissed a curb and one wheel needs some minor re-touching.

Any insight or shared knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Drive Safe

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Wheel Color

:) :) :) :)

The Wheel Color code for 2003 & 2004 models up to May is 73P (Sterling Silver)

For 2004 Models after May the color is Called... Ultra Silver. I don't have the number handy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paint Code

Diamond Jim.....thanks for the paint code for the SSR Wheels. By chance, do you know if it's PBG paint? As you probably know, the wheels were made in Italy, but painted here. Again, thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
PPG Global

CARNUT said:
Diamond Jim.....thanks for the paint code for the SSR Wheels. By chance, do you know if it's PBG paint? As you probably know, the wheels were made in Italy, but painted here. Again, thanks for your help.
Don't know for sure about the wheels, but the cars are painted with PPG Global.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Photo

kwhopper89

The Avatar picture was taken at a boat launch area along the Susquehanna River in Northeast PA. This area is about a mile from my house. It was a perfect spring day and no one was around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wheel Paint - Where do you get it?

How do I locate a dealer for the 73P Sterling Silver Paint? A Phone number or dealer name would help a lot. My Chevy Dealer is like a deer looking into headlights when I queried him about it.

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The Sterling paint is very special and was only applied by Speedlline in Italy. I do not know if there is yet a way to repair this paint. That was being worked on and one of the reasons we switched to Ultra which can be repaired. The Design Team thought that Sterling looked the best and as you might have noticed, got their way with just about everything. Of course, this attitude also makes the SSR outstanding in many ways.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paint Code Wheels

The paint for the wheels and running boards is difficult to find. My paint/body guy couldn't find the code or color and had to match using the center cap at the paint store. It's real close, but still not "right on". My guy "claims" the wheels are not painted in Italy, but here in the states. We had to have wheel sanded down, repainted and clear coated. Still cheaper than new wheel and I'm probably the only one that can tell a difference in the shade. Oh well. If I find anyone selling just one 20 inch wheel at a bargain price, I'll probably buy it and replace the painted wheel. Lesson: Stay the hell away from curbs. :cuss

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
ZR-2 said:
my truck was built on 4/29/04
SSR #9202 built on 4/29/04
SSR #8173 (mine) built on 4/06/04.

Assuming the Lansing Craft Center does not work on weekends - thats about 60-61 units per day!

(Sorry guys - a very slow day at work!!)

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
wildcat66 said:
How did you find out your build dates?
Because I work so closely with the local dealer, I was able to get copies of the dealer order form, invoice, etc.

My SSR was built on 4-06-04 and it left Lansing by rail on 4-15-04 (9 days later!).
It arrived in Phoenix, AZ on 4-20-04, left Phoenix by truck on 4-22-04 and arrived into my waiting arms that night :) .

·
Registered
22 Posts
i got my codes from my dealer.. he ran a gm vehicle inquiry system (dealers only )vehicle build and vehicle component check. component check gives you a list of where each major com. was made, ( engine assembly- transmission-rear axle and so on) my engine was built in romulus,michigan, trans. was built in toledo ohio, rear axle in buffalo n.y. and so on... the vehicle build sheet gives you the build date and all the option codes for your truck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts