Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
YIKES REAL Flames

Wow they look too real for me! :eek I guess some might enjoy real flames but I much prefer the ones that are more subtle "Ghost" flames like the one on lloger's yellow SSR or the INDY Pace SSRs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol
Marc NY said:
Wow they look too real for me! :eek I guess some might enjoy real flames but I much prefer the ones that are more subtle "Ghost" flames like the one on lloger's yellow SSR or the INDY Pace SSRs
:lol :lol :lol :lol Talk about getting noticed. :seeya
The show on DC said he had painted a helicopter and as it was landing someone called 911 because they thought it was on fire. :cool

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Flames

I've got to check my files when I get home - I notice the website says he's from California, but I though the car I saw was done by a painter in Yakima, WA. The common link was a photo I'd seen of a black helicopter with flames - must find out more.

The car at our Beach Cruise was an old rod with incredible flames - won best paint, best of show, and peoples choice. I'll post I photo when I get back from this road trip.

I spoke with the car's owner - the sequence was to call him when the car at the black base coat stage. He then flew in, did the flames, and flew out about 6 hours later with a check for $4500. Then the paint shop took it back to complete the clearcoat.

Awesome workmanship.

Ray

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Mike Lavalee had a great article in Airbrush Action a few years back and detailed every step of the process. He is the best there is in my opionion, and I have been airbrushing since 1972. Only the king, Ed Big Daddy Roth could top him, and then, that was another time and a different breed altogether. Mike is amazing. :reddevil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts