Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Flames?

The second set looks pretty good, but unless your intending to run flames down the bed cover, I would't wrap the color around on the flipper door. Set it up so it continues down the side like the first one or taper it to stay at the roof as a cut off line.

Wish I my digtial paint booth had an SSR in it to play with some designs.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Funny, I loved number 1, because I've never seen black flames before, but the double flame effect (black flames AND red flames) on number 2 have blown me away!

Either one will get everyone's attention!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The paint will probably be a mixture of #2 as I like the Hugger Orange. It will also fix most of the paint issues I have with the factory paint not matching. Thanks for the comments!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I like them both so either way you would have a great paint job.

If I had to pick one #1 gets my vote . I love the way the red almost looks like it what is left over from the fire!!!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I pick Number 1........

Are those Flames Candy, Pearl, or Carbon Fiber?? :ssr

RickSSR :cool

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I chose these paint styles because they do not fade. The only color applied is the red in #1 and the Orange in #2. the second picture also has a thin yellow pinstripe outlining the trasition between the orange and black.

The flames in the first pick are just the black paint on the vehicle already. The carbon look is just the look of the stock paint it was real bright out the day I took photos for this.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

The reason I like #2 over #1 is … the red is the dominate color …. With it painted on top of the box it gives you a wedge effect … red high in back and taper down lower in front … like a powerful wave hitting shore. Subconsciously it gives a power forward feel. The horizontal paint line in #1 has a still or calm water effect.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
ha ha ha

check fuzzy and rebels post time on the first to responces. :cheers

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Definately no. 2 because the longer you make the flames on the SSR, the more streamlined they appear on the vehicle. I have noticed that when the flames are just on the front area, the truck looks a tad more boxy, which also may appeal to some. I personally like to elongate the vehicle when doing designs like that. It gives it the look of motion more. :flag

1 - 20 of 23 Posts