Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Looks great. A couple of questions. It looks like you removed the plastic mesh from behind the grill and painted that. How did you get the paint to stick to the plastic and do you think there will be problems with chips in the paint?

Are the red letters in the Chevrolet logo paint or the vinyl stick-ons from EBAY?

Texster68

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
texster68 said:
Looks great. A couple of questions. It looks like you removed the plastic mesh from behind the grill and painted that. How did you get the paint to stick to the plastic and do you think there will be problems with chips in the paint?

Are the red letters in the Chevrolet logo paint or the vinyl stick-ons from EBAY?

Texster68
You would have to ask my Painter. I suppose he masked them off. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the grill is shadowed in. black edges to the chrome color. Yes he painted the letters kinda the same way. I can't wait till I pick it up tomorow when it is complete. No more problems than in the factory paint. I don't remember what he called it but put xtra in clear coat, Flex something or some thing on that order. mkes the paint a lot harder to chip any way. I won't put the bra on it until I leave wed morning for lansing. I will see if there is any chipping in the grills at that time when I arrive there thurs. pm. I did have the domed letters but he took them out. Thank all ya'all for your kind words. I can't wait to see Fuzzy's and a few others paint jobs in person this friday and saturday.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Nice Job

I like the 3D airbrush affect.....:thumbs

RickSSR :cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts