Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there's some sort website or app that can give a preview of what a vehicle would look like base on painting & designing similar to what the Sherman Williams app does. No I'm not comparing the SSR to a room :surprise: I just have so many ideas of what I would like to do to add uniqueness with paint but I would love to be able to see a conceptual design before I commit. :wink2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,066 Posts
Best bet is check in your area with a highend paint and body shop or a graphic design shop for a vinyl wrap. Some guys on this site also do color stuff with Photo Shop. They may chime in here. I don't know how to do that. Good luck.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,066 Posts
A full two tone or three tone like you showed is very tedious and expensive because all the under or inside panels have to be prepped and painted also. An example is door frames, under hood, roof, firewall, etc. etc. That is why I said check with a High end body/paint shop. Looks awesome. I am not saying don't do it just be aware, very spendy.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
973 Posts
I was wondering if there's some sort website or app that can give a preview of what a vehicle would look like base on painting & designing similar to what the Sherman Williams app does. No I'm not comparing the SSR to a room :surprise: I just have so many ideas of what I would like to do to add uniqueness with paint but I would love to be able to see a conceptual design before I commit. :wink2:
I'm willing to provide a Photoshop preview or two. Let me know what colors you want to see and where the breaks are if two-tone.
Cheers, Carl

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I love keeping with the intention of the 40s-50s look and would like to enhance it more. Here's one of interest and inspiration.

Here is my 48.

What year is the truck in the photo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
So get some colored pencils or crayons and have at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll definitely keep the yellow and leading towards a candy apple for a tone color with perhaps some silver striping accent for areas that chrome trimmings would have been used like the pic below. All this of course is generating what it could look like to determine later how I will get it done. Thanks much for the input!!

Attachments

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Remember the same color combination on a different vehicle will have a very different look.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,066 Posts
Remember the same color combination on a different vehicle will have a very different look.
If he settles on the colors CARLBUSH could photo shop those colors onto the SSR. then they could play with the edge and ending lines. Still boils down to cost in real life not photo shop. I wouldn't let my mind wander down that road very far until I had a ball park estimate. If the price was too high I would go down a road with pinstiping, vinyl graffics, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
If he settles on the colors CARLBUSH could photo shop those colors onto the SSR. then they could play with the edge and ending lines. Still boils down to cost in real life not photo shop. I wouldn't let my mind wander down that road very far until I had a ball park estimate. If the price was too high I would go down a road with pinstiping, vinyl graffics, etc.
:smile2:

I agree, anymore paint jobs are very expensive. A few days ago, I took my Caddy tail light housings to the paint shop to get painted black. The charge will be $150 just to do those two items. The shop mgr started quoting to me the costs of the paint/primer/other stuff that goes in the mix and (he only uses the best of the best)......staggering figures just for a gallon of some of the stuff he mentioned.:surprise:

By the way, when I bought my '05 sled last Fall, the previous owner had recently had the whole truck repainted cause of the custom running boards from Eric plus having shaved the rear deck lid. I have the invoice for that paint job and it's over $5000.:|

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
973 Posts
I'll definitely keep the yellow and leading towards a candy apple for a tone color with perhaps some silver striping accent for areas that chrome trimmings would have been used like the pic below. All this of course is generating what it could look like to determine later how I will get it done. Thanks much for the input!!
Color Test 1 ...

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
I take a photo of a car then in computer make it a light gray print. Then on copies, I can make the design to get proper proportions and angles.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I take a photo of a car then in computer make it a light gray print. Then on copies, I can make the design to get proper proportions and angles.
. Fantastic look!! I'll have to see how I can do something on the computer like you suggested.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:smile2:

By the way, when I bought my '05 sled last Fall, the previous owner had recently had the whole truck repainted cause of the custom running boards from Eric plus having shaved the rear deck lid. I have the invoice for that paint job and it's over $5000.:|
. In a meet, a wife said her husband paid $10K for a paint job that added flames. I wasn't clear if it also cover the body of the car.

I did find a shop within a stone's throw from me that quoted a powder paint job on the tire rims for $700. I'll be asking for another quote once I have a clear idea of what I want.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,066 Posts
A color change paint job in our area on a custom car done by a high end shop ranges between $5000 and $20,000. Just an idea of what it costs.

I was talking to the guy that outfits the Rapid City Police Department cars the other day and he says they do the wrap now. They used to special order black cars with white doors for their graphics. After they were done with them they had to strip all the decals off the doors and sold at auction but who wants a black car with white doors he said. They now order solid black vehicles and put white wrap on the doors with their graphics. When they are finished with the car they just remove the wrap and sell the solid black sedan. Much easier and they get a ton more money for them. Who doesn't want a nice riding powerful black 4dr sedan? Never thought about that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts