Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about painting my Silver '05 like the two tone '06 with the black on top, silver on the bottom. Does anyone know a rough estimate about what it might cost to accomplish this task? I am just curious before I go and shop around. :flag

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
cost?

You will be paying anywhere in the neighborhood of $1000 to $2500 just for the upper half, depending on the shops in your area and the quality of work you want done.

Myself, I wouldn't accept anything but refinishing the upper in the prefered color and then reclearing the whole vehicle to eliminate paint edges. Some will use tape or pinstripes to hide this area, but I like the sharp visible distinction from one color to the other without the previous. With that in mind I clear the whole vehicle to keep from getting that paint edge that can can accumulate wax, polish, dirt ect.

My way may cost a little more (add about $200 more) , but it's worth it to me.

Use your judgement in what you want it to look like. It's your SSR and only you have to live with what you decide on. Good luck and post pics when you get it done.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
You get what you pay for in reguard to painting.
When I got my flames done I was concerned over the price,but after I saw the finished product..WOW.I wish my wife thought the same...
I agree with Fuzzy though, get the whole thing recleared. It is amazing the difference it makes in the finish. No bumps or lines and you can not feel the ridges between the colors.
What ever shop you go to ,make them show you examples of their work. If they are good ,it should be no problem. :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Fuzzy: Your prices are incredibly fair! This is especially true when one is considering the quality and craftsmanship of work like yours. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Fair?

cruzned said:
Fuzzy: Your prices are incredibly fair! This is especially true when one is considering the quality and craftsmanship of work like yours. :thumbs
Yeah, I'd say so. I don't know a shop anywhere in the world that would only charge $200 more to clear coat the rest of the car! :confused I do that kind of work; couldn't get met to clear the "rest of the car" for less than $750!

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Cost of your SSR!!!

jmpeez said:
I am thinking about painting my Silver '05 like the two tone '06 with the black on top, silver on the bottom. Does anyone know a rough estimate about what it might cost to accomplish this task? I am just curious before I go and shop around. :flag
It might cost you the price of your SSR some Raider fan might steel it :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Painting your SSR

I spent $2,500 to get my truck painted. This included removing the bow-tie from the rear and fixing a rock ding on the rear fender (both in areas that were not being repainted). I agree with everyone else that in painting, as with most things, you get what you pay for.

Bill

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,841 Posts

Fuzzy you’re not hurting anyone, with your pricing.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,841 Posts
yep!

I have a friend Ron who lives in Hamilton, but will travel if you have a local paint shop to work out of. He is an award winning painter and takes 4 or 5 cars to SEMA every year. He is the Paint judge for the Toronto indoor custom car show every … (march? By the airport) He flamed a black SSR for SEMA this last year ….. http://home.cogeco.ca/~rongibbs1/ You chould be a winner in TO next march. :lol Tell him, REBEL says EH!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info to those that posted! I have been getting estimates between $2-3,000 . :ssr :thumbs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts