Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BLU SSR
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we have been on the road so long that I need to change the oil in Red. We are in Palmdale California for a couple days and want to use a shop that will do what I want and not treat Red like a throw away vehicle!!
If someone has a shop in this area they trust, please let me know.
Thanks , Jim

·
Registered
667 Posts
We’re in the next town over, Lancaster........any of the large “auto spas” where they do hand wash and detail work are pretty good. We use one here and they do a good job cleaning off the road grime......if you want to drive to Lancaster, 14 to Ave K, left under fwy, car wash on your left a short distance down the street.

Don J

·
BLU SSR
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We’re in the next town over, Lancaster........any of the large “auto spas” where they do hand wash and detail work are pretty good. We use one here and they do a good job cleaning off the road grime......if you want to drive to Lancaster, 14 to Ave K, left under fwy, car wash on your left a short distance down the street.

Don J
Don,
Thanks for the response, I got a reference for Western Edge Auto in Palmdale from a member of the High Desert Cruisers car club. Owner is a club member and race car owner so I think he will be what I am looking for.
As for the car wash, how did you know Red needed a bath? LOL I may give them a visit.
Thanks Again,
Jim

·
BLU SSR
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Don J
Don You have a PM (conversation)
Jim

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Don,
Thanks for the response, I got a reference for Western Edge Auto in Palmdale from a member of the High Desert Cruisers car club. Owner is a club member and race car owner so I think he will be what I am looking for.
As for the car wash, how did you know Red needed a bath? LOL I may give them a visit.
Thanks Again,
Jim
Jim, maybe California regulations are you have to get foreign road dirt off from other states before they do a oil change. You never know. Safe travels.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
My California friend says don’t give them any ideas !!
Jim, did you get your oil change? Sorry you can't make it to this weekend's gathering of SSR Heartbeat of Tennessee. Are you still planning on being at the tri-five gathering in Bowling Green on August 9h? Safe travels.

·
BLU SSR
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Robert,
Just got on the site tonight after long day yesterday. Yes I did get the oil change at a place recommended by a local car club guy, they let me watch and did fine. Sure am sorry that we won’t be able to come to the Tennessee get together but too many miles away. Next time for sure. As for the tri
five it depends on how much we have to do when we get home, our 55 is getting close but I don’t think it will be ready for the show. Were you thinking of going?
We were at the Grand Canyon today and Are trying to decide how to go home the coolest way,thinking of Colorado, the desert was BRUTALLY HOT!
You guys have fun without me and stay cool!

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Hey Robert,
Just got on the site tonight after long day yesterday. Yes I did get the oil change at a place recommended by a local car club guy, they let me watch and did fine. Sure am sorry that we won’t be able to come to the Tennessee get together but too many miles away. Next time for sure. As for the tri
five it depends on how much we have to do when we get home, our 55 is getting close but I don’t think it will be ready for the show. Were you thinking of going?
We were at the Grand Canyon today and Are trying to decide how to go home the coolest way,thinking of Colorado, the desert was BRUTALLY HOT!
You guys have fun without me and stay cool!
If you are going to be there, will drive up on Sat. No big deal. Stay safe.

·
BLU SSR
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jim

If you guys have never done Route 66, you might want to consider taking it the rest of the way home. Lots of neat stuff to see on it.
Rope,
Thanks for the suggestion, the Gene Winfield one was great-more later when I get to my computer. As for 66, I am so old I drove it when there were no other routes of fame from Illinois to California so we saw most of the attractions when they were in their heyday. After the trip thru the desert with 111 deg. Temps we are looking for a cooler route!

·
Registered
667 Posts

Rope,
Thanks for the suggestion, the Gene Winfield one was great-more later when I get to my computer. As for 66, I am so old I drove it when there were no other routes of fame from Illinois to California so we saw most of the attractions when they were in their heyday. After the trip thru the desert with 111 deg. Temps we are looking for a cooler route!
Late night at a downtown sidewalk bar............

Great meeting you two, we had a good visit! Head north, Colorado will not disappoint the roads and vistas are spectacular!

See ya next time our roads cross

Don and Anne J

1 - 16 of 16 Posts