Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the replys.

One suggestion was to take the cover off and sit in the bed.

How much trouble is this and is it easy to get back on straight?

Any suggestions or tricks to this removal.

Thanks again

David

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife and I took ours off. There are two bolts (one on each side) holding the hinge mechanisms to the truck. Before you remove those, disconnect the cable for the light on the drivers side. Now, remove the bolts and slide the cover either forward or backward (can't remember which). You will see a gap in the hinge mechanism that allows you to lift the cover off the supports. The cover is surprisingly heavy so make sure you have a good grip on it. The biggest problem we had was finding where to put it once we had it off. We ended up setting it on some cushions and leaning it up against the wall. Putting it back on is just as simple. Just reverse the process above. Unless you loosen any of the hinge mechanism screws/bolts, you should not have any issues with it getting out of alignment. Remember to reattach your light after you install the cover.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Take the passenger side seat out and make them stand up. They can feel like nascar stars.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
The two bolts you remove are the silver colored ones. One on each side.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
300 lb Log

What could you get between the two seats to sit on the water fall up to 300lbs??
I could only think of a LOG anybody have any other ideas??? :glol :glol :glol

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
freezer said:
We were thinking of the worse case "Homecoming Queen".
"Miss Pork Chop" 2005 :lol :lol :lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts