Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have someone wanting to use my ssr in a parade.

Has anyone had experience with sitting on the deck top cover?

Will it support the weight of 2 people?

Not much room between the head rest, will it work?

Seems you might get 2 up there with legs down the center.

Any suggestion welcome

Thanks,

David

·
OP
8,278 Posts
not me

I wouldn't chance it. :nono tow a small trailer-float instead. or remove the tonneau cover and have 'em ride in the bed.
That's just my take on it...

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Yellow Thunder: I think this is just asking for trouble. That cover was not designed to support two people, and the paint was note designed to take that abuse either.

Is the borrower willing to pay for any damage that you might later find? Do you want to put up with the hassle of possible repainting or roof adjustments?

If not, I'd politely say no.

Jim G

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
DON"T DO IT!!!!!

Jimmie Johnson set on mine in a parade lap at Calif. Speedway and the dealer had to take three small dents in the deck out. We believed it was from his thumb and two fingers bracing himself while riding up there...

·
Registered
42 Posts
well as I stated in another post, during the "break in" of "Roxy" me and a nice young lady left a $480 dent in the tonneau... so my suggestion is keep people off of the tonneau and bed cover :nono :reddevil :reddevil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.