Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell where I an find a automatic shifter window switch? Dealer said part discontinued but gave part #15787512.

Need badly. Window and top will not work consistently. Afraid if I put top down windows will not re-engage. Pease constant me via email [email protected] or facebook.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio.

Sometimes they are repairable.
I am sure someone that does this will chime in

I believe it's still available in chrome, the face plates can be changed over.

You can also check with Cleveland parts and Performance for a good used unit.

Whatever you do DO NOT throw away old part

·
Tech Support/Research
1,446 Posts
Window and Roof Switches

Before replacing the entire module, consider first inspecting the switches for dirt, corrosion or residue from possible liquid spillage in the past. The switch contacts might just need to be cleaned; a pencil eraser will do the job on dirty contacts. The switch module on the console is not difficult to remove. After removing the bolt that retains the shifter knob and removing the knob, the shifter module, which is secured in place with metal clips, can be popped up vertically and the switch plate removed and examined.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Cleveland Auto Parts has a Satin and a Chrome Auto shift Plate on Ebay.

But, before you do that take the advice above and remove the plate disassemble and clean the contacts, that is most likely the issue and will prevent spending $250.
If you need help with that then tell us where you are located. There is most likely a Fanatic close by that can help you with that.
Greg

·
Premium Member
3,430 Posts
Esther Polk, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

And, if you decide on a "Lifetime or Premium" Membership, you will get more benefits and no ads!? and show appreciation for tips and help. Click "Get Premium" under the Red Banner, read and compare the Advantages!!

Nick & Kathy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts