Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in need of the part # for item shown. My Chevy dealer does not have a clue. There are 2 of them in my truck. One is located near the emergency brake handle and the second is located between the sun visors.

Any help would be appreciated. I do not want to ruina plug with my experiment untill I can get replacements.

Thanks for your help,

Marc

View attachment 8649 View attachment 8650

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
bcbear10 said:
I am in need of the part # for item shown. My Chevy dealer does not have a clue. There are 2 of them in my truck. One is located near the emergency brake handle and the second is located between the sun visors.

Any help would be appreciated. I do not want to ruina plug with my experiment untill I can get replacements.

Thanks for your help,

Marc

View attachment 8649 View attachment 8650
I'm sorry to tell you, but you can't get just the plugs. you have to get the header trim.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wingrider said:
I'm sorry to tell you, but you can't get just the plugs. you have to get the header trim.

Would you know the part # for the header trim? They can't seem to find that either. Makes no sense to me to have a simple part with no replacement. What is the purpose of the plugs in the first place.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RSSRTOY said:
YOUR PART #15134853 LIST FOR $227.69 PM ME AND I CAN GIVE YOU A PRICE OF COST PLUS 10% THANKS .........MARK:seeya

Mark,

Any chance you can get me the part I really need? (see pic above)
sure hate to spend 228.00 for a $2 part.

Thanks for any help,

Marc

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
bcbear10 said:
Mark,

Any chance you can get me the part I really need? (see pic above)
sure hate to spend 228.00 for a $2 part.

Thanks for any help,

Marc
Would you consider getting the parts from a junk yard? (Not that I would know how to find them, but maybe someone else here knows)

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
These plugs cover service items. The header plug is for access to the roof latches when you use the manual tool. The one by the parking brake has something to do with servicing the powertrain and the shifter interlock. These should be available by themselves, but I do not know how to get them.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
plugs

WELL UNFORTUNALTY YOU CANT BUY THEM SEPRATE. IVE CALLED GM ON THIS ITEM BEFORE AND THEY ARE NOT AVALABLE SEPRATE:banghead . YOU MIGHT TRY A WREAKING YARD IF THEY ARE ON THE NATION WIDE SYSTEM THEY CAN CHECK THAT WAY. I KNOW THERE CANT BE VERY MANY TO PICK PARTS FROM. SORRY FOR ANY PROBLEM THAT THIS CAUSES THANKS.........MARK:seeya

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wildcat66 said:
Well are they all the same sizes in vehicles ?

I believe they are all the same size.

Reason for wanting an additional plug is because I want to build a switch into that plug in the console to turn on/off my new lighted shift knob that is being built for me. I have been working with Gene at Fireball for some time now to find a way to hide the wire. I should have the prototype late next week and will post. Should be really cool.

Thanks for all the help. If you ever see a plug on a wreck, please let me know.

Marc

·
Registered
434 Posts
BCbear10

My son bought a plastic-molding kit on-line and has made several plastic repair parts ( like the snap in panel over the batteries for the tv remote and latch for the locking door on the dryer). He had some broken parts that he glued back together first and used them for the mold pattern. Others he made from scratch and just improved on the final piece until it came out the way he wanted it.

Driving a Hot Rod
Skip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts