Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I left Austin, TX to come out here to Atlanta on this longterm contract assignment, I forgot to bring along the little "cover" or "insert" that seals the hitchbar receptacle when you are not using the hitchbar. Yes, I know that this cover comes from the factory "tethered" to the receiver via a thin plastic tether cord, but I was afraid that that would eventually break in orad service, so I clipped it off and "safely stored it away" - in Austin, not Atlanta!

I have been driving around with the hitchbar and ball on the back of the SSR because I don't want to take it off and let water and dirt get into the receptacle. (I am talking here about the hole in the frame into which the hitchbar locks when in use, NOT the electrical receptacle)

I tried to buy one of these plastic covers from the local Chev dealer, but the parts man showed me his parts lisitng and parts diagrams, and the little cover piece is not spearately shown there.

Does anyone have the part number so that I can order one?

Yeah, I know I should not have detached it from its thin little plastic tether in the first place . . . .

Jim G

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sounds like you found one more use for duct tape , it is hidden underneath anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts