Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Get This- I called my selling dealers parts dept. to check availability for the gauge package and the parts guy DID'T KNOW WHAT THE SSR WAS!!!!!! He asked me what body style? Then asked me what color mentioning Teal amongst other non SSR colors then with a price of $1100 +/-!! I politely told him I would do some more homework. Good thing he is not an employee of mine!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Doesn't surprise me

My dealer told us the tonu cover wouldn't come off, we had run flats etc... They barely get to see them let alone get a chance to learn all about them. I wonder if they have ever looked at the Chevy website:confused I would think that GM would have sent at least one or two guys to training for just the SSR.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well did you get the part number? If what is it?
I am not sure that my dealer Curt Warner in Vancouver, WA part's department could come up with one to save their lives. The dealer has only sold two before mine and have never even had one on the floor. They sponsor our Corvette Club and made me such a great deal I let him keep it for two weeks to show. Pick it up tomorrow night. YEA!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
my dealer found guages in parts book and priced them to me about 800.00 (it was about a month ago dont remember exact price)I passed not worth that much to me but they sure look good

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Part#s Price OUCH!!!!

A friend of mine at a GMC dealer just got back with me with part#s for the guage pkg. List price $1121.16!!!!!!!! Are guages worth it? Not for me but here are part#s 15127129-Chrome and I don't understand why these colors unless they are for face of guages- 15127126 (green), 15127124 (red), 15127127 (silver), and teal at 15127125. These all showed up with option code "DNR". You will have to check and see if truck is prewired for these or if harness comes with. My parts friend couldn't answer this question. Obviously if you order a new truck with this option, you are all set, but to add to trucks already built could be another story. Good Luck!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Weird!

One can only imagine why green and teal guage packages would be listed. Come to think of it, we have had pictures on a few different threads here, but I only remember seeing red. Chrome might be a good choice if it is the satin finish (would match every SSR, regardless of body color). Maybe it's just a typo and the "green" is Slingshot and the "teal" is Blurple. I just have a hard time believing they would try to sell green or teal, since I have not seen future offerings of these colors on SSRs and I don't think anyone would mix these colors into the current palette.:confused

·
Registered
541 Posts
More info

I checked at www.gmpartsdirect.com and found the following -

15127129 is not a valid part number
15127128 is not a valid part number
15127127 is valid, lists at $560.58
15127126 is valid, lists at $560.58
15127125 is valid, lists at $560.58
15127124 is valid, lists at $560.58
15127123 is valid, lists at $560.58

They do not list colors on the site, just a generic description of

GM PART # 15127123
CATEGORY: Instrument Cluster Warning
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $1,121.16
OUR PRICE: $560.58
DESCRIPTION: GAUGE

Since there are 5 colors available on the SSR and there are 5 part numbers that work..... which one is purple?

Anyone have a contact that can get more specific info on these gauges? I want a set for a 2004 Ultra Violet SSR. We would be happy if they were Satin Chrome but the purple would be better.

Diggs

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Gauges

To Diggs
If you were going to order gauges from a dealer you have to supply them with your vin number. From this they can determine what part number goes to your color of car.
I'm soon going to have a list of 50 accessories that are supposed to be available for the SSR from my local Chev parts dealer. I'll post them when I receive it. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Parts Dept. For Gauge Pkg

I emailed gmparts direct.com with a request for the correct guage for my 2003. I supplied them with my VIN. They replied that 15127129 was the correct one. I emailed them back telling them that it came up as not a valid part # and were any of these 15127127,15127126,15127125,15127124,15127123, correct and in RED for my Redlinered SSR. They replied that the 15127129 was discontinued and 15127124 was red but listed as for the 2004 SSR, not the 2003. Should work but I'm not sure I want to take a $ 600.00 risk. I'll try and get more info and see if anybody else finds out anything before I order.

drbob

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I just wanted to bump this back up and see if anyone else has any further info. The parts department at my dealer doesn't want to give out much info. He wants the VIN and he will order the corresponding part, but as in above it might be nice to get the RED one.
Anyone else with any further info???

drbob

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Anyone???

Still looking to see if anyone has ordered or has more info. My dealers service department isn't very helpful. Really want to put the guages in.

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What I am hearing from my dealer is they are still on restriction. I was hoping to get an Ultra which is not even listed, although green & teal which are other colors the SSR does not come in are. I May have to settle for a brushed one. I will be seeing them today and will post what they say.
Also no one I have spoken with knows for sure if special wiring is needed or if they will plug into the existing harness.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
gauge packages

drbob said:
Still looking to see if anyone has ordered or has more info. My dealers service department isn't very helpful. Really want to put the guages in.

Thanks
I will try to remember to get some info from GM on availability of the gauges. I'll call again to see if they have a price and a date of release. :thumbs

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was priced guage package today for 265.00 and I have a bulliten from gm with part number and pic will post number tomorrow (its at my office)

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
The GM catalog lists only one gauge package--chrome. Part #15127129 with a retail price of $577. However, that number was replaced by part #10387279 that has a retail price of $310. The $265 price quoted by DOHYATT is the trade or garage price. You can see that the price was lowered considerably with the new part number. GM says that the new part number will back-order upon order entry. I ordered the new number today and as soon as I can I will file a case with a VIN number to see if that will get it here. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts