Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,
After getting our 05 Blur out of the garage and looking it over, programming the garage door opener we found a few items we need.
The passenger window seal that is up in the roof has a huge razorblade cut in it. Want to replace.
Windshield washer nozzles on both sides are broken and zip tied on. Goofy fix.
The tray in the dash, close to the driver, can I put in a cup holder? Mine has nothing there at all and I don't need a tiny storage tray, I need a cup holder.:smile2:
Calook1967

·
Premium Member
19,716 Posts
Contact byers on this forum he is a gm parts guy in Texas’s if they are out there he can find the stuff you need for window seal.as for wipers your gonna have to put the 05-06 wiper arms on and redo the washer system for them. I think some have put the cup holder on drivers side

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,389 Posts
Hey All,
After getting our Blur out of the garage and looking it over, programming the garage door opener we found a few items we need.
The passenger window seal that is up in the roof has a huge razorblade cut in it. Want to replace.
The tray in the dash, close to the driver, can I put in a cup holder? Mine has nothing there at all and I don't need a tiny storage tray, I need a cup holder.:smile2:
Calook1967
If it is a :blur: it should be a 05 or 06 and should have the proper wiper arms. If they are broken and Byers cannot help you then it is time to start inventing.
The coin tray for the driver side is useful but several who have put a cup holder there have found it inconvenient with regard to your gas pedal leg and access to the keys in the ignition among other things, but it can be done if you can find one.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
As AbadSSR said Byers is the one to go to for seals. I think some of the early 05s still had the old style wiper arms on them. Check Ebay for wiper arms they show up there from Cleveland Performance and there maybe a set on now. Call them and talk to Miles he has always taken care of me when I need parts that they have.

·
BLU SSR
3,464 Posts
Hey All,
After getting our Blur out of the garage and looking it over, programming the garage door opener we found a few items we need.
Calook1967
The window seal is one piece across the roof and both windows , it is pretty pricey if available , I think around $300 will cover it. That being said , if it doesn't leak I think I would try to repair the cut with some black silicone - can be done and would be almost invisible. The windshield washer nozzles are probably what came on it , I have two '05s and both came with the old style washers. The nylon ties are a common fix. If they are functional and you don't like the looks of the ties , some have had success with silicone glue and using the ties till the glue sets up , then cutting the ties off. The cup holder swap is possible , they are available and I believe they were actually 'borrowed' from another model vehicle , maybe Audi but I don't remember. I'm sure you will hear from someone to correct me or tell you were to find them , worse thing that can happen if you replace it is you don't like it and you just don't open it! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Reactions: Blur'd Vision

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,047 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Byers, Mike - Classic Chevrolet Parts
817-410-6142 Direct
817-944-1056 Cell

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Shocks are done properly, Cup holder is done, waiting for warm temps to install new roof seal, belts, and radiator support.
Now does anyone have a spare console cup holder? We might want one. I know Mike has them new but I'm looking for a used one because we don't know if we REALLY will use it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts