Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the plastic clip that holds the hood support rod broke, so i ordered one from my local chevy dealer. the wrong part came in and the parts person said his gm book showed hydraulic cylinders and not a support rod. i went online and found wild bill's ssr parts, they had the plastic rod holder and i had it in a few days.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,264 Posts
Well, time to find another GM dealer. That part is used on a ton of different GM cars and trucks, part number 10312456. Thankfully you did not pay a huge price where you purchased it from but it sells for $2 or so online and also should be in stock at your local dealer in packs of 5 for $13 ....... the ones that know how to look at a parts catalog anyway :wink2:

Item 13 in the GM parts diagram is the prop rod retainer for those that might need it in the future -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good information, thanks so much. the plastic part was a few dollars but with shipping about $12 total. now that i have the part number i can purchase at a gm dealer locally.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,650 Posts

Attachments

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
Do yourself a big favor and get rid of that damn prop rod. Move up to hood struts, you won't be sorry.

That hood is heavy and dangerous, makes a guillotine look like a toy. :yesnod

Yeah, yeah, all you studs can handle it. Just wait till you're 73 and not as strong or quick as you think you was.

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,428 Posts
Thanks, Flying Dog, for giving me the one that you didn't need after you installed your struts!

P.S. That new Jaguar XF of ours? It's now at a Jag body shop after being clobbered at a stoplight in Chicago.

·
Proud Original Owner
18,187 Posts
Thanks, Flying Dog, for giving me the one that you didn't need after you installed your struts!

P.S. That new Jaguar XF of ours? It's now at a Jag body shop after being clobbered at a stoplight in Chicago.
Glad you could use the part Dave.
Hope your Jag gets repaired good as new.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,370 Posts
If you don't believe the other guys----I'll suggest you find someone with an '05 or '06 and compare for yourself. When we got Kathy's '04, lifting my'06 hood, then hers, it is crazy different!!!! Replacing the prop rod with the Struts was the FIRST thing I did!!

Nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts