Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and couldn't find anything so here goes an odd one. My passenger side window will index down after I start the truck or after I put it in park. So I have to hit the switch up to close the window then. This just started yesterday. The drivers side is working as usual. And I have tried to re-indexing the passengers side but still doing it. The truck is an 04 if that helps any.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
It could be the door latch on the passenger door getting "flaky"....... Go out and test the index function 20 times in a row, using the passenger outside door handle to trigger the function. See if it functions normally for all 20 times. This will give the switch in the door latch mechanism a good workout and perhaps clean the contacts.......

It could also be the contacts in the console switch panel giving you an issue. You can test this by physically "exercising" the panel to see if you can cause the window to step down.. It might not really be indexing, just a short jag on the switch contacts.... causing a very momentary down signal........

Let us know what you discover.

Mike

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It worked like it should every time opening the door and closing it. I ran it up and down with the window switch and it worked as it should but when I turn the ignition off is when it acts up. One time it just went down like it was indexing. then the next time it went down the 1/2 inch then back up about 1/4 inch. I had to hit the switch and then it goes all the way up. Switch maybe?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
It worked like it should every time opening the door and closing it. I ran it up and down with the window switch and it worked as it should but when I turn the ignition off is when it acts up. One time it just went down like it was indexing. then the next time it went down the 1/2 inch then back up about 1/4 inch. I had to hit the switch and then it goes all the way up. Switch maybe?
Looks like it is not related to the switch in the door latch.

What happens when you push, pull, tap, bang and thump the console? Nothing?

If nothing, then I would suspect a flaky ground someplace. Might start with the Roof Door (Window) Module.... RDM for short.

Mike

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The truck is new to me in December so I don't know when it was changed or if for that matter. How would I know if it has been changed or not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts