Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger door won't open from the inside. The driver's door had the same problem years ago. I think I read on here that there is a metal replacement part that replaces the plastic part that evidently has broke. Anybody tell me where to get it and also how to remove the door panel?

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Thanks to all the hard work of a man us fanatics will never be able to repay.

You can find all the how to info at this location.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

You will also want to contact dinerman and purchase his ultimate drive.

These resources are invaluable.
I totally agree to all the accolades for Dictator & Dinerman regarding how to replace (and all of Dick's other work of course)
However, I think the replacement part is nearly impossible to find
Or am I wrong - has someone developed a replacement?

If not it is one of our priority things that our really clever guys might approach

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I bought a used one a month ago off fleabay for $100 + shipping. Drivers side are easy, passenger side there's none new, and used takes some looking.
However even if you find a used one, it's a good idea to add the Simple Eng/Dicktater fix while it's apart.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
stainless

I totally agree to all the accolades for Dictator & Dinerman regarding how to replace (and all of Dick's other work of course)
However, I think the replacement part is nearly impossible to find
Or am I wrong - has someone developed a replacement?

If not it is one of our priority things that our really clever guys might approach
DALE; dicktator makes a pair of stainless steel braces to hold the pin in the door handle in place when the plastic part breaks.

Bird

1 - 9 of 9 Posts