Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking for some help here and apologize, I'm sure there is a thread about this somewhere but I did not find it.
My passenger side seat belt is very hard to pull on. It seems to be stuck and I have to play with it for a few minutes to get it unstuck.
Any suggestions or in I need a whole new seat belt, where I can find one
thanks

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,962 Posts
Is it possible that it got a 180deg TWIST in it when it retracted? You will have to check for the flatness by buckling it and then pulling out the rest of the belt from the retractor and see if there is a twist in it. If so, just untwist and let it back in. If you're node downhill, it may be something with the pendulum weight that locks the reel. If you mean the clip part sliding up the belt and sticks, ours has a seam stitch across the belt that I have to jerk a few times to reach over to the buckle, it's a pain, but that's what I go thru for my Lady when I strap her in. Otherwise, I got 'nutt'n else for ya.... :wink2:

Reactions: SSR Rebel

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it possible that it got a 180deg TWIST in it when it retracted? You will have to check for the flatness by buckling it and then pulling out the rest of the belt from the retractor and see if there is a twist in it. If so, just untwist and let it back in. If you're node downhill, it may be something with the pendulum weight that locks the reel. If you mean the clip part sliding up the belt and sticks, ours has a seam stitch across the belt that I have to jerk a few times to reach over to the buckle, it's a pain, but that's what I go thru for my Lady when I strap her in. Otherwise, I got 'nutt'n else for ya.... :wink2:
I thought it might be twisted also - I had my wife try to pull it all out - maybe I should try that myself. It does not get used very much but would like it to work when needed
thanks for the suggestion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts