Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:
The passenger seat belt has a stopper to hold up the buckle insert end. Mine is located about half way down the passenger side of the chair. There is a double stitch in the belt where I would think it should be located (as compared with the drivers side). It looks like its done on purpose for a childs car seat? Anyway the raddling against the side air bag drives me nuts. I am constantly reaching over and adjusting the buckle higher. The double stitch holds the buckle up for awhile then it falls to the side again. Am I missing something or is it out of place. Has someone used something to clip it or secure it in the higher location?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I removed the little button to move the buckle and it broke, so I ordered a new button from dealer and put the buckle where I wanted it.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
This is a no brainer, Shintajay, just turn your radio up REAL LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will hardly notice any rattle's then. I am just glad I could help. :thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
You might be able to just put a paper clip on the belt to hold it higher.

·
Registered
416 Posts
On the rare occasions when my lovely wife is not occupying the shotgun location, I just pull the belt out enough to wrap it across the lower portion of the seat bolster. That places the buckle on the front side of the seat, so it no longer strikes the side airbag cover. It's easy enough to reach across and execute this maneuver, even from the driver's seat. (And at 5'8", I don't have the longest arms...)

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess its there for a reason

Well, I try to put something to hold it up. I thought mine was done by mistake. But I guess everyones like that. That's for the reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts