Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fella's, you know when your back is against the wall, is the time when everything ends up on the floor, right?
This is one time, I really could do with some serious Fanatic help, given everything I'm going through, that required I would NOT have to deal with anything for another week, just so the stress factor raises it's eyebrow and let's me know, I'm not permitted an easy ride.

The passenger side , side window refused to index today, I thought it was due to a very recent battery change, however, a close friend states the window was not indexing (up, all the way) prior to closing the door and he would have to open and shut, then it indexed correctly and that was prior to the battery change. The window goes up and down, but fails to index (move that last 1/2 inch at any point in time, now.) So, now I'm down to one vehicle, preparing for a very major surgery, I'm left not being able to drive in the rain, or clean it without leaking, as the rubber grove is 1/2 inch higher than where the window ends up stopping, lower than the rubber!

I believe the part# my be [15115931]. I'll do what ever it takers to replace, perhaps in a few weeks I'll get a rebuild of the broken part....

Please, if you know anybody that can help, [Removed email], will now get hit, badly. But I need help, now rather than months later, well, supposing THAT works out. I don't care how much it costs, obviously I'm stuck, I try to help freely, this is something I need and don't mind paying for. Just need it yesterday :(

Cheers
Mick

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Mick...sorry to hear you are having issues. I may have the part but I’ll check for sure. Now would be a good time to relocate your bum to an ‘05 six speed? windows index and the windshield is crack free! When are you going in to surgery and when are you getting out? Let me know if I should come down and get that PAC BLUE.??

Dane

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, life seems to twist the whole person into pieces, eh...Dane
I can't even drive the only vehicle I have left now, the irony is I never drove it in the rain and now when I might have to, I'm nailed.....

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Mick....delivery available as well. Will that window go up with the switch? That may be the RDM going south. I will research that part number. You may want to look at the how to library as well. My R is still getting new clothes at the upholstery shop.
Dane

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Window goes up & down, just won't move that final 1/2 inch to index into the rubber. I mean, aside the up/down switch -Which does work, it won't auto do the last step.
As you know I'm not rich, but if the SSR can't drive in rain or be cleaned, that really is like a giant ankle ball and thus if anybody, anywhere has access to the module, I'm good to get it covered, OEM was around $100, aftermarket around $156, I'll go $200 AND feel lucky. Let's not use UPS again, however... ;)

Cheers

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,276 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,670 Posts
Pretty sure this issue is the door handle as you mentioned. Corrosion causes this common issue.

If you, or someone else, can pull out the door lock assembly I can test it for you and most likely repair it as I have done with other lock mechanisms.

Info here if you want to try your hand at it -
https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/door-lock-window-indexing-issue-repair-157210/
Mike is right, detent is upper white connection which is exposed to water/rain and gets corroded, then window will not "detent".

I have LEFT and RIGHT Door Latch/Lock Modules rebuilt and in stock. New motor if needed, yes they have electric motor.

I do exchange, send me your BAD unit plus $50.00 for parts/labor/return postage.

My email: [email protected]

NO! They do not make them anymore.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dicktator Anybody mention you are friggin amazing at times...Lol

I'm still too sick to get it fixed today (recovering), but it will be done by Friday, the part just showed up and was stunned how fast you did that!
I'm adding the additional shipping cost to the return package and more than thankful for your expertize and due diligence.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just so others know, using a mechanic, it's an hour labor charge + $50+ shipping -A whole lot less than the non existent OEM part that showed retail of $198. -PART only.
Heads up to those inclined to remove the door panel and stick silicon glue around the black, large plastic portion of the module, mine had a crack at the base, thus over time either condensation or water was able to get into the sensor. Mine still looked almost brand new, but it seems there is a flaw in melding the top to the base of the 'Turret' (large black plastic piece). Guess I'm trying to say this could easily be a common problem.

Thanks, Dicktator.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Appears like copper corrosion and the access point was a factory non seal, eh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts