Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I got my first chance to ride shotgun. That seat has no ability to raise the front. I felt like I was going to slide into the wheel well. I need to fix this. Just a little higher in the front, that's all I need.

Glenn

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
seat fix

I will tell you how to fix it....... Don't ride shotgun!. LOL I just had to say it:D :jester
I must say it bugs me too when I let my hubby drive ( he gets 20%) which is most weekends. But I figured it was just me since I am short. raised the drivers side all the way up and still can't reach over the door panel to reach the bank teller tube or the drive through, again I am short and it is something I am willing to deal with to have my dream ride.:cool

B

·
0 Posts
I agree with lack of vertical adj on the rt side. I feel like I'm peeking out the window when I'm over there. Don't see that it would have been all that much trouble or cost just to put the same features on both seats. I like to think I'm average height, but my seat is almost all the way up just to see the computer display.

On the lighter side, Wildcat just may have hit on something. If I could figure a way to raise the door on my wifes PT I may be able to save a lot of money!:jester

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me, Its not about the height.

I'm handicapped by being 6'-1". The window sill makes a good arm rest for me.

There is just no support under my thighs. I find it uncomfortable.

Glenn

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm 6' and the SSR design will make everyone feel short when the top is down. I set my arm on the door when the window is down, but it's a stretch. I also find the odometer hard to see without leaning forward, doubt anyone shorter knows it exists? Try finding the cruise control indicator light?

C

·
0 Posts
We're supposed to sit down low in there :cool like a 32 Chevy street rod. I'm 5'8" and feel like I fit perfect.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You say you can't see the odometer?

Isn't any one tilting the steering wheel down far enough to see the odometer.

I drop mine down one notch and can see the DIC just fine.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
From what i can tell its not the steering wheel thats the problem its the lower edge of the dash. I'm only 5'8'', my son that 6'4" thinks am crazy because he has no problem seeing it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cruise Light

Big Bird said:
Got me there! I'm 5'9" (almost). Where's the cruz light?
The Cruise Light is way far to the left, just above the tach. :flag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts