Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '04 and the passenger window is down and won't go up. When I press the console switch I hear it trying to operate for a few seconds and then nothing. I push the switch down and again it makes a noise like it is trying to operate the window, but the window doesn't budge. The window looks like it is in perfect position like the driver's side when it is down.

When I put the top down and try it the same thing happens. When I put the top up the driver's side window goes up after the top is up, but not the passenger side.

Thinking about taking it to a Dealer but not sure if they would be able to help, or if I would just spend a bunch of money for nothing.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I'm in Indio, CA.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Are you handy with a wrench? Could be a couple of things, but you'll have to pull the door panel off first.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you handy with a wrench? Could be a couple of things, but you'll have to pull the door panel off first.
Can you be kind enough to tell me how to remove the door panel?

I did put the hood struts on the other day, but I am not a mechanic by far.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
The SSR's are noted for the passenger side window failure and when it happened to me I looked everywhere for the replacement regulators, and found out that the driver's side are easy to find, but the passenger side almost never shows up for sale, and if it does, it is sold right away. I found a company here in L.A. that came out to my house to fix it. They said that they would guarantee the work for 2 years and do the job in 1 hour. The guy came out and fixed it in 40 minutes and it has worked flawlessly since then. At the Laughlin run a few weeks ago I met fellow Fanatic Marv Quinn who had the same problem and I gave him the info when I got back to Burbank, and he had them fix his.
Here is the number to call, but you might have to drive into the area for them to fix it as I don't think they go out to Indio. By the way I'm a Dennis and so is Hollister SSR
Good luck.
Dennis
the company is;
L.A. Power window.com
1-310-467-2322

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look here under Door Panel Removal: Dicktator's SSR Library
Thank you.

I have decided to take it to Salerno's Servicenter in Redlands. Someone on the forum recommended them and when I spoke to Robert on the phone he seemed extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy. I am giving it to him for a week on Saturday and he is going to fix the window issue and install a windscreen and go through my SSR and do whatever needs done, before I leave for Ohio the end of this month.

Always thankful for this forum.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
Window regulator has broken
Sadly not easily found.
Not sure of availability but places to check.

Cleveland power and performance (part from wreck)

Wild Bills ($$$ new old stock)

Google Search window regulator rebuild for a place near you

Best bet, purchase a rebuilt unit from Mike at simple engineering.
Note I believe he and many other fourtunate fanatic members are still having fun at a rally in Daytona.

Patience will pay off.

Are you and your SSR back in Ohio or still out west?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sadly not easily found.

Note I believe he and many other fourtunate fanatic members are still having fun at a rally in Daytona.

Patience will pay off.
Thank you.

I have decided to take it to Salerno's Servicenter in Redlands. Someone on the forum recommended them and when I spoke to Robert on the phone he seemed extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy. I am giving it to him for a week on Saturday and he is going to fix the window issue and install a windscreen and go through my SSR and do whatever needs done, before I leave for Ohio the end of this month.

Dennis

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,470 Posts
Thank you.

Dennis
You are placing it in good hands. If Robert cannot fix it he will at least know where it needs to go for further help.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadly not easily found.

Patience will pay off.

Are you and your SSR back in Ohio or still out west?
Still in CA. Heading to Ohio in a couple of weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts