Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a passengers side seat switch. Mine somehow lost the piece that operates the back lumbar support. I don't know if that easily comes off or if I have to replace the entire switch. The stud that the plastic part goes on to is there just no plastic part.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mike, thanks for the reply. I just had a long responses drafted but somehow lost it. I'll try again. I should have learned to copy to a notepad from the last time I was on this site bc the same thing happened. Anyway, the seat is all the way forward so getting to the switch was tough. Bottom line now that I can see the switch is: (1) how do I get the switch apart from the control buttons, to send it to you for attempted fix, (2) can the seat be moved back manually, if so how?, (3) I also thought that if I knew the color code for the wires, I could jump across the hot to the back button wire, is that possible? Assuming the motor is not bad which i don't think so. I saw some switches for sale but they didn't have the heater part...now today, I see the heater switch is separate anyway. So I will check those again, do you think the will work? If they will , I still have the issue of getting the switch apart from the control buttons. Thanks again for any help or advise you can provide. R, Don

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mike, thanks for the reply. I just had a long responses drafted but somehow lost it. I'll try again. I should have learned to copy to a notepad from the last time I was on this site bc the same thing happened. Anyway, the seat is all the way forward so getting to the switch was tough. Bottom line now that I can see the switch is: (1) how do I get the switch apart from the control buttons, to send it to you for attempted fix, (2) can the seat be moved back manually, if so how?, (3) I also thought that if I knew the color code for the wires, I could jump across the hot to the back button wire, is that possible? Assuming the motor is not bad which i don't think so. I saw some switches for sale but they didn't have the heater part...now today, I see the heater switch is separate anyway. So I will check those again, do you think the will work? If they will , I still have the issue of getting the switch apart from the control buttons. Thanks again for any help or advise you can provide. R, Don
O0

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,954 Posts
Also, do you have the passenger seat switches in stock, if so how much? Thanks, Don
Sorry, Don....... I am not a stocking parts house. I have a few random parts, but no switches for sale. If you cant find a switch, You can send me yours and I’ll refurb it for just the cost of postage.

Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry, Don....... I am not a stocking parts house. I have a few random parts, but no switches for sale. If you cant find a switch, You can send me yours and I’ll refurb it for just the cost of postage.

Mike
Mike. I appreciate that and I'm going to check to today to see if I can get to it to unplug it. As I said the seat is all of the way forward so very difficult without tearing up the upholstery. I will let you know and again thank you for your help. If I don't use thre other options. I'd be happy to pay you plus the postage. R. Don

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Don
I have only tried taking the switch out with the seat removed. I am not sure if is do able with the seat still in the truck. I may have a complete seat switch still. I had an extra but don't remember if I sold it or not. I will check at lunch time and let you know

·
SSR Believer
3,905 Posts
Don, @Dicktator has two DIY guides that might be useful. Look for "DRIVERS SEAT CONTROL REPAIR" and "SEAT REMOVAL". The "Drivers seat control repair" guide shows how to remove the side panel without removing the seat. It looks like you can remove the switch itself that way. He'll probably chime in.

Here:

Or here:

@Autoprof posted a wiring diagram including wire colors for testing the seat switch here:

Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,500 Posts
Don sent me a conversation yesterday,
He wanted to know how to "hot wire the switch to move seat.
I sent this to him yesterday, I am posting here to possibly help others in the future.

To jump the switch and force the seat to move rewards you would want to jump terminals D (Light green wire) and H ( Black wire) for ground to the seat motor and terminals E (Tan wire) to A (Orange wire) to make seat move reward. I would suggest jumper wires or maybe even cotter pins but DO NOT use paper clips (they will overheat and burn your fingers, I know from other cars) or let them touch each other. They may get get hot so maybe connect terminals A to E and then using pliers connect terminals D to H.

Looking at descriptors it seems that this may make the seat move forward but the wiring diagram tells me otherwise.
If it does move forward with this set up then reverse the polarity to the motor. D to A and E to H to make it move the opposite direction.

Hopefully these diagrams will come though somewhat clearly that you can read.

04 passenger seat switch diagram.png

04 seat switch enhanced.png

·
SSR Believer
3,905 Posts
Don sent me a conversation yesterday,
He wanted to know how to "hot wire the switch to move seat.
I sent this to him yesterday, I am posting here to possibly help others in the future.

To jump the switch and force the seat to move rewards you would want to jump terminals D (Light green wire) and H ( Black wire) for ground to the seat motor and terminals E (Tan wire) to A (Orange wire) to make seat move reward. I would suggest jumper wires or maybe even cotter pins but DO NOT use paper clips (they will overheat and burn your fingers, I know from other cars) or let them touch each other. They may get get hot so maybe connect terminals A to E and then using pliers connect terminals D to H.

Looking at descriptors it seems that this may make the seat move forward but the wiring diagrams tells me otherwise.
If it does more forward with this set up then reverse the polarity to the motor. D to A and E to H to make it move the opposite direction.

Hopefully these diagrams will come though somewhat clearly that you can read.
Hope I never have to use it, but that's going straight to my "Just In Case" file. ;)

Thanks Mark! 🙏

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.