Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this thread for photos. Here are some from today as the SSR's led the parade of hot rods down Main Street. Hundreds of spectators waving and taking pictures lines both sides over a couple of miles. Very awesome experience!

This is a link to a video I took when we were queing up to start the parade. I'm posting from my phone so I hope you can all see it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vXG3rsBAbZwuh7bN9

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More parade pics. 2 from the parade. Third one was before we started. Last one is Kelly O driving into the sunset.

Attachments

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,300 Posts
video worked :thumbs but the photo's wouldn't expand. Anyway, looks like great weather and, as we know, a great time :party Thanks for starting the thread Lance

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sandy! I will fix photos when I get home next week.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Pokerguy nice video not busting your chops but you make the same mistake everyone does when taking pictures or videos with camera hold it the other way so the picture bigger, makes for better viewing....

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the video suggestion. I will do that tomorrow when I walk the show area.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,392 Posts
More parade pics. 2 from the parade. Third one was before we started. Last one is Kelly O driving into the sunset.
The issue with expanding the photos may be a site issue. I have requested the admin check it and let us know.

Reactions: turnheadz

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Great video - i particularly like "trknrod"
vehicle in 2nd video...what a great turnout..
Thanks for posting...

Reactions: TruckNRod

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, @trknrod was very popular this weekend. The level of detail that Dennis put into his build shows in the results. Also, the folks from BC seemed appreciative that several cars came from California, Nevada, Utah, Montana and other far away places to be here. We received many "Welcome to BC" greetings throughout the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
13,939 Posts
Yep, @trknrod was very popular this weekend. The level of detail that Dennis put into his build shows in the results. Also, the folks from BC seemed appreciative that several cars came from California, Nevada, Utah, Montana and other far away places to be here. We received many "Welcome to BC" greetings throughout the weekend.
Yes, TrucknRod has some wonderful detail.
I felt so bad for Dennis though - he had the misfortune of following The Lovely Kate in the parade so his truck/trailer obviously went largely unnoticed.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,392 Posts
I felt so bad for Dennis though - he had the misfortune of following The Lovely Kate in the parade so his truck/trailer obviously went largely unnoticed.
How could you let that happen? Is that any way for you, as a good Canadian, to treat your neighbor from the South?>:)

·
Super Moderator
13,939 Posts
How could you let that happen? Is that any way for you, as a good Canadian, to treat your neighbor from the South?>:)
Yeah, I know, but it's really hard to lose somebody in a parade! HaHa!

Speaking of neighbours from the south, Bob (BlastfromPast) saved my Canadian bacon!
Kate has been pretty much fault free (on Fuji's advice) I had to tap a window regulator with a hammer to get it going again.
However, I went to start her and got this hard to describe sound, sort of starting but coughing, really struggling to run - could smell fuel.
If I think something is wrong my first instinct is panic!
But the usual Fanatic Magic happened and within 5 minutes Kate was up and running.
Bob was walking by, asked me to pop the hood.
He swapped a couple relays and just like that - up and running - just no hi-beam lights.
I repaid him by allowing him to buy me 2 beers!

It was very lucky in some ways that it happened then and there. I decided to drive home late Saturday rather than Sunday morning.
I was over-tired so pulled off the road for a nap. Kate had run fine after the first incident but chose 2 am in the morning on a mostly deserted highway to repeat the problem
I did not think it would work, as the relay was faulty, but I swapped them back to original spots and be darned if it didn't work.
Made it home and guess I need to replace one or maybe two relays.
Point is though, I would never have known what to do at a very inopportune time had Bob not been around to get Kate started up initially.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Sounds like the contacts in the box need attention if swapping them worked and swapping them back worked.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
It’s true...everyone’s attention was focused on Kate, the legendary, topless and shameless redhead! :x >:)

·
Super Moderator
13,939 Posts
It’s true...everyone’s attention was focused on Kate, the legendary, topless and shameless redhead! :x >:)
She is a brazen thing! :blush-anim-cl:
A thought just struck me that I might run past Ray for next years parade
What if the Mustangs were interspersed with the SSRs? That way every SSR gets noticed!

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hopefully everyone can see this when the pictures issue gets fixed. It is a panorama picture I took standing on my tailgate. Until the system get fixed, here is a link to the full size picture:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/u6gyBhpwZUMT6GAd9

Just got home so will post more pictures later.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts