Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The supercharger for the SSR looks great, but probably truly out of the range for most owners and maybe a little too radical. Anyone install any less complicated performance "bolt-ons" to tweak maybe 30-40 more ponies? I realize a new exhaust would add a few ponies and VaramAir is "suppose" to have a new intake system (any word yet from anyone on this?), but is anybody doing anything else like mass air flow sensors, chip, etc? It's a great fun truck and actually moves pretty well for it's weight, but about 30-40 more HP would be ideal for many.

M

·
0 Posts
So tell us...

Jeffroge77,
Spill it and tell us all that you got on yours. Where you got it? And how much it cost you.

J

·
0 Posts
custom programmer, air intake system, filter, roller rockers,(ratio is secret).under-drive pully system , exaust ( true dual ) gears,( also secret ratio). i think it is all good for @ a true 55- 60 hp.but the gear swap really makes it a rocket to 80 mph,

·
Registered
54 Posts
jeffroge77 said:
custom programmer, air intake system, filter, roller rockers,(ratio is secret).under-drive pully system , exaust ( true dual ) gears,( also secret ratio). i think it is all good for @ a true 55- 60 hp.but the gear swap really makes it a rocket to 80 mph,
which custom programmer - hypertech, superchips, :confused

·
Premium Member
3,514 Posts
jeffroge77

jeffroge77 said:
YOUR A JOKE !!!!!!

I would sure hate to see you tell anyone about your SECRET changes, Someone with another SSR might live just down the street from you and do the samething and maybe even more and be able to beat you. :lol :lol :lol :lol

J

·
0 Posts
i am a joke right , well i guess thats your opinion

I wont be offering any help on this site again I have had over 30 phone calls from other owners with help on their tops, security systems, and a multitude of other issues. But it is terrible that one jerk spoils it all with his comments, if I want to tell everything i've done then I will. Would you tell everyone what your cost is on your magnacharger????????
Have a wonderful time and make sure you give your personnel phone number out and answer calls at all hours of the day and night, like myself and see why I get defensive on your childish name calling, Sir.

j.b

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
JB, you went off the deep end!

jeffroge77 said:
I wont be offering any help on this site again I have had over 30 phone calls from other owners with help on their tops, security systems, and a multitude of other issues. But it is terrible that one jerk spoils it all with his comments, if I want to tell everything i've done then I will. Would you tell everyone what your cost is on your magnacharger????????
Have a wonderful time and make sure you give your personnel phone number out and answer calls at all hours of the day and night, like myself and see why I get defensive on your childish name calling, Sir.

j.b
Hey, I don't think any of the rest of us took the message that way. We all have to remember that what we write doesn't always come off the way a statement would if you could see the facial expressions and body language. Back up and reread it. I bet you reconsider. BTW thanks for all the help that you have offered on the site and off with your personal number. Cheers, Don

J

·
0 Posts
I let 3 other people read the comment ....

Thanks for the reply but i believe that qwkssr needs to take a class on etiquette, (your a joke ) is not the way to reply to a friendly post.

thanks,
j.b

J

·
0 Posts
By the way the axel ratio is 4:10, and the roller rocker is a 1.55 now its no secret!A cam swap is next then my supercharger will follow.

·
Registered
181 Posts
3:73 Axle Ratio.

I believe ALL SSR's come from the factory with the 3:73 rear gear. That's all that's offered in them through Chevrolet. If you got a factory SSR, you got a 3:73 rear axle ratio!

J

·
0 Posts
Its a hypertech its good for @ 20 hp and 25 ft. lbs and oh coarse the axel doesnt increase hp but it does sit you back in the seat when you juice it. I am looking into a slight stall converter when i get my cam and supercharger installed in a few weeks...

·
Premium Member
3,514 Posts
Machell

They are both the same thing just two different brands. The hypertech works get in the 1\2 ton pickups with the 5.3 and i think would work good in the ssr. I was going to get a hypertech unit but magnacharger supplies there own with the supercharger.

·
Premium Member
3,514 Posts
jeffroge77

Sorry if i hurt you feelings but you sounded like a third grader that had a big secret and you weren't going to tell any one. Lighten up, Were not a bunch of top fuel drag racers here and by tell what you discovered will cost you a race.

Were just a bunch of normal every day people that all just happen to be enjoying the same type of car. But now by saying your not going to give anybody any help because of what one person(me) said you sound like a little kid thats going to ruin a fun game of baseball and go home because they told you to play left field and wouldn't let you pitch like you wanted to. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but just look back at what you and think about it.

I'm sure everyone on this site is thankful for you help. So i hope you can get over this and go on with everybody being freindly and helping each other out.

:grouphug

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
jeffroge77 said:
Thanks for the reply but i believe that qwkssr needs to take a class on etiquette, (your a joke ) is not the way to reply to a friendly post.

thanks,
j.b
Don't leave - I'd much rather your advise and experience than the sales pitch we've been getting. :thumbs :thumbs

J

·
0 Posts
Thanks

No problem i enjoy every thing about this particular vehicle and my (chevellewhich i am currently looking forward to aquiring) have fun .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts