Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a 2005 Slingshot Yellow SSR with all options from the US. I have been looking for actual perfomance data (especially top speed) on the net but have had no luck. I also own a 2004 Lincoln Navigator which I found out, much to my disgust, had a speed limiter and drives me nuts! Is the SSR limited? if not what will she do (in real life!)?! Also any performance uprating tips would be gratefully received (but remember I will have to import everything!)

Thanks guys

Mad-dog :thumbs

·
Registered
222 Posts
My official performance data report

Man....it jus flies!!!! :eek :yesnod Yep...she's quick!!!! 0 to 60 in lite speed!!!:eek 1/4 mile in less time than I can remember. But I think it was really fast!!! ;) :lol

But the reality is....I've had'r up 2 a blazing 120+mph on the speedo n the only thing I noticed was she started 2 get a little lite in the butt. :eek Nothing serious but I cud notice it. Otherwise, she has NO problem gettin there n had plenty left. No handling issues whatsoever. Jus that pesky fuel gauge droppin like a rock n those always pesky "Blue lites" flashin in the rearview.!!!:eek :nono

Get 1 n ENJOY :)

:cool

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that bro!! Is yours the new 6 litre or the 5.3l ? Just gotta wait 8 weeks for them to ship her 'cross the pond !! :)

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The top speed is electronically limited to 125mph because the tires only have a 130mph rating. If you had the correct tires and removed the limiter, I do not know how fast the '05 would really go. The '03/'04 will go to the limit. With the bed cover on, the SSR probably has the least aero drag coefficient of any production pickup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts