• Cam swap and what a pain

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Might regret posting this but I hope not.
I left it open so if you want to comeback later and change your vote you can.

Reactions: James Dean

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: TAD and Firetruck

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,295 Posts
Maybe I should have said
"Stock but planning some changes"

Personally - I have hand held tuner and corvette servo (not some of of your choices) = planning a gear change but its a little further down "the list".
As you might have seen by my pictures, I have focused on appearance modifications. I enjoy doing something different than the mechanical work I do so often.
Everyone can see and appreciate the changes I have made appearance wise. However, only I can appreciate the performance and most suspension modifications

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Hmmm. Different air intake, Jeremy tuned, port and polished throttle body, HP coil pack and Corvette servo. Don't need a rear change or supercharger. Do I get a performance poll.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Might regret posting this but I hope not.
I left it open so if you want to comeback later and change your vote you can,
Some days you just can't win. Regardless of what you post be prepared to be corrected, ridiculed or second guessed.. LOL

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I've built a few street and track cars. I haven't even considered drive train mods on the SSR. IMO it is what it is and from what I've seen modifying it to handle extra hp and performance it would be an expensive proposition with out that much benefit to the overall design. I coud change my mind but for collect ability and value increase I think mine needs to stay stock

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I've built a few street and track cars. I haven't even considered drive train mods on the SSR. IMO it is what it is and from what I've seen modifying it to handle extra hp and performance it would be an expensive proposition with out that much benefit to the overall design. I coud change my mind but for collect ability and value increase I think mine needs to stay stock
I hear what you say but one thing to consider if you haven't already is an electronic performance tune. It really does make a difference and is only a few hundred bucks. And, you can put it back to stock with the flip of a switch.

·
SSR Believer
1,887 Posts
Maybe I should have said
"Stock but planning some changes"

Personally - I have hand held tuner and corvette servo (not some of of your choices) = planning a gear change but its a little further down "the list".
As you might have seen by my pictures, I have focused on appearance modifications. I enjoy doing something different than the mechanical work I do so often.
Everyone can see and appreciate the changes I have made appearance wise. However, only I can appreciate the performance and most suspension modifications
My answer(s) exactly. The downside to some performance and especially non-performance enhancements is that they're often only appreciated by us, the owners.

In public, particularly at local car shows, our R has been the only one there and more often than not, the only one folks have ever seen up close. Unless I point something out, they think that they came that way from the factory. "No, that's custom upholstery, no, all of that chrome was added, no those aren't stock [insert parts here], no it's an SSR not an HHR, but yes, they did come with that engine however, no it's not a really big V6. Thanks for looking!"

On the positive side, I really appreciate hearing about and seeing photos showing what others have done to modify their Rs on the forum and even more-so in person.

In the end all of the work makes me (and sometimes even the wife) smile, and that's what counts in my book. ;)

·
SSR Believer
1,887 Posts
I hear what you say but one thing to consider if you haven't already is an electronic performance tune. It really does make a difference and is only a few hundred bucks. And, you can put it back to stock with the flip of a switch.
Have to second that one. BIG difference for a more than reasonable price. (y)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I added + Performance tune and you can make up to two choices so you reselect your previous choice and + Performance tune.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
OK, I added + Performance tune and you can make up to two choices so you reselect your previous choice and + Performance tune.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the addition. I'm surprised the " FLAME" people haven't spoken up. I was told that flames make it go faster. ???

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the addition. I'm surprised the " FLAME" people haven't spoken up. I was told that flames make it go faster. ???
That is just part of the same myth that claims some other color is faster than BLUE. (y) (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Bluestreak, personally, I'd be interested in one additional category, "Engine rebuild/replacement". What do you think?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts