Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

My SSR has the following:

• Cam swap and what a pain

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I like my 430 gears and the left coast tune is spot on. I would still like to have a few more ponies under the hood,but my dollars have taken a pretty big hit here the last week or so. Hope to get a few more mods or I may just have a bigger engine built. Got my eye on a ls 3 complete with tranny and rear end. Time will tell on what I do.

Reactions: richsadams

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
When I get to my computer I will add that. Too difficult from the phone

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bluestreak, personally, I'd be interested in one additional category, "Engine rebuild/replacement". What do you think?
Got it done

Reactions: 3yello

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I've noticed several guys have checked the box "stock" AND "performance tune". That seems a little misleading. If you have a performance tune, it ain't stock. just sayin'.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Oooo. Never thought of that. I tend to forget that some of you lucky dogs have TWO or more SSR's!!

I'll crawl back into my cave now.....
Don't do that! Participation is what this group is all about.

·
BLU SSR
3,610 Posts
Oooo. Never thought of that. I tend to forget that some of you lucky dogs have TWO or more SSR's!!

I'll crawl back into my cave now.....
Consider yourself sufficiently whipped with a wet noodle!!!
Come on out of your cave and join us. I guess it is still alright for more than ten of us to gather here!! ?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Shhhh! As long as we do not get too loud, No one will know. As long a s the youngsters stay in their corner we will be safe.

·
Registered
05 aqua blur
55 Posts
I like my 430 gears and the left coast tune is spot on. I would still like to have a few more ponies under the hood,but my dollars have taken a pretty big hit here the last week or so. Hope to get a few more mods or I may just have a bigger engine built. Got my eye on a ls 3 complete with tranny and rear end. Time will tell on what I do.
Have you any details on what the gear alone done for you pros and Con's ?

·
Registered
05 aqua blur
55 Posts
I would like you old dogs that have been there done that to put your thoughts and experience together and tell me what is the best bang for the buck on mods to achieve what I want. Here is what I want, speed not really my game I am well pleased with my 05 automatic how it drives stops fuel milage the only thing l've done is muffler delete simple y pipe in place of muffler , best money spent in my book. Keep in mind I want to drive the crap out of this so radical mods are not for me. Now don't bark me off the porch but I like a good burnout every once in a while, good stress relief for me , OK MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A KID AGAIN !! But I am talking tasteful burnout break them wide meats loose and instant smoke and not move much over 4 feet right now floor it in front of all my Buddy's and it hooks and no show yes I know to shut off traction control. Your thoughts please..

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I would like you old dogs that have been there done that to put your thoughts and experience together and tell me what is the best bang for the buck on mods to achieve what I want. Here is what I want, speed not really my game I am well pleased with my 05 automatic how it drives stops fuel milage the only thing l've done is muffler delete simple y pipe in place of muffler , best money spent in my book. Keep in mind I want to drive the crap out of this so radical mods are not for me. Now don't bark me off the porch but I like a good burnout every once in a while, good stress relief for me , OK MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A KID AGAIN !! But I am talking tasteful burnout break them wide meats loose and instant smoke and not move much over 4 feet right now floor it in front of all my Buddy's and it hooks and no show yes I know to shut off traction control. Your thoughts please..
A pro tune and a rear end gear swap worked for me. All for about $1000.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Do you remember your rear gear ratio you found to be the best ?
I chose an American Axle 4:10 gear. It's a nice improvement over stock. A 4:56 will provide more grunt but it will also cause higher engine RPM at highway speeds. A 4:30 gear is in the middle.

·
Registered
05 aqua blur
55 Posts
Thank you 4:10 was what I was thinking, you know it to break them loose on dry pavement? And do you know approx RPM cruising 70 mph?

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts
I would think that the 4.56 would probably just be for a 6-speed if your doing highway driving. The best for an auto I think would be a different transmission completely. A modern However, I don't think that will happen. Maybe a GearStar for an LS2..

Dave

Dave

21 - 40 of 59 Posts