Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fellow fanatics

04 black on black 3000 miles & thinking of beefing up the ponies.
as a gm manager however i believe that would cause possible warranty/service & even possible insurance claim problems.
bought last oct & if i have to wait 2 more yrs to cover the warranty/service problems no problemo.
looked at the magnacharger upgrade & it seems the best performance upgrade. not cheap but.....probably 8 or 9 k up here :ssr in southern ontario.

feedback appreciated

W

·
0 Posts
Up-Grade for SSR 04

Walter here in Blue Springs, Missouri! Wednesday (7-27-05) is the day I drive to Wichita, Kansas to Don Hattan Chev Dealership! Having the Magna Charger put on my 2004 Black SSR! Should give me another 110 HP! I`ll let everyone know how it works out! Walter.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
czh7c4: Use the search feature on this board, with words like:
performance
modify
MTI Racing
Microtuners
Tuning software
dual exhaust
Supermaxx headers
intake
and almost any thread with "Jim G" in it ( :) )

to get some ideas that won't cause warranty problems if not taken to extremes.

My past experience with Chevy dealers has been that unless you do something pretty unwise or bad, they are pretty reasonable. There ARE things to avoid, and we try on this board to mention when there are potential issues.

You will be pleasantly surprised how much you can do without creating problems for either the delaers or yourself.

The SSR is a wonderful platform for numerous mods.

Jim G

W

·
0 Posts
Walter here in Blue Springs, Missouri! Got her done! This Intercooled Magnacharger is the way to go but be real carefull! It acts like it`s more than the added 110hp! Fastest truck I`ve ever driven! Haven`t changed the exhaust or rear end gears! Took the machanic 11 hrs to install it! He did it right the first try! It was his first SSR but he had installed Magnachargers in 4 other trucks! I got another 1 1/2 miles to the gal. coming back to Blue Springs! Would have been higher but I couldn`t help myself! It`s really fast now! Now I have to take it to the drag strip! Even with traction control is gets rubber in first & second gear! Yes it`s an automatic! Supercharged Walter!

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Walter:

1. What model year SSR do you have?

2. Can you get a dyno run locally where you are?

I keep trying to get more data on mods, so that we build a library, and so that I can include some examples and calculated summaries in "The SSR Experience".

Jim G

·
Registered
67 Posts
SSR SuperCharger..

I too have been looking at the Magna Charger, they sell a complete kit, including the upgrade to the computer. I am going to start a thread to see if we can get 10 or 20 SSr's wanting to supercharge. I can contact magnacharger to see if we can get a SSR discount. it would be great advertising... I want the magic 500 hp... :cool

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Hey Freddy
You get a group buy, I am there! Gotta have more power :thumbs

·
Registered
143 Posts
Do you plan on running the truck down a 1/4 mile? If so, do you mind posting the times? Want to know what that 110hp does to the 1/4 mi times. Also, 0-60 if you can get that.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
31,702 Posts
Joe Gibbs Performance

Hey... this was posted over at the GM Trucks board where I'm also a member (the Silverado's my daily driver).

http://gm-trucks.com/home/content/view/221/0/

Says in the article that if your vehicle is under 12k miles and less than 1 yr old, they will warranty the powertrain for the duration of the factory warranty (3yr/36k).

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
FreddyKaye said:
I too have been looking at the Magna Charger, they sell a complete kit, including the upgrade to the computer. I am going to start a thread to see if we can get 10 or 20 SSr's wanting to supercharge. I can contact magnacharger to see if we can get a SSR discount. it would be great advertising... I want the magic 500 hp... :cool
Freddy, I'd be interested too.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Magnacharger is a popular way to add more HP. I'd do some visiting with them and see if they will offer a similar deal that they do for their Vette kits. For the Vettes if they are installed at an authorized distributor, like LPE for example, for a couple hundred dollars more you get a 2-yr/24,000 mile powertrain warranty...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts