Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Alaska said:
Has anyone installed the [email protected] filter kit along with a throttle body spacer to see what happens? Was told the throttle body spacer makes a huge difference.
That made me LAUGH!! :lol :glol :glol :glol :lol :seeya

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
The K&N should help airflow a bit ,but the throttle body spacer.....well the only folks that I've heard of getting much of a gain out of it are the ones who make them... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also curious about the overheating, any answers. Shute iam in Alaska and still run temps of around 210-225 in town.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Those temps are about the normal range around town. No need to worry until you start pegging about 260. Then a trip to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks ARGO for the info. Looking for simple upgrades that wont break the bank. Ordered the [email protected] and the throttle body spacer. Just had new Vortex exhaust put on and it sounds great. Also waiting on new spoiler that I ordered for the back. Simple but fun upgrades. Having a hard time finding after market rims with the same bolt pattern, can get 3 piece for about 4 grand.

Mine is a 2004 ultra violet, purchased in march of 05,new. Get asked the same questions alot, grabs alot of attention. The only purple one in the state of alaska. Cant hide.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Studded Tires

Do they make a studded tire in a 40 profile for winter driving in Alaska? :jester

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
havent needed winter tires, to much snow and ice, cant drive during winter months, wont stay on the highway. Pretty much parked in garage from oct till late feb.

·
Registered
185 Posts
K&N filter

Installed an AirRaid drop in filter and dynoed before and after. Got 16 hp and 14 lb torque gain. Worth the 85 bucks.

I do not know what K&N will do but I would think it would be similar

·
Registered
43 Posts
Part Number

Checked the AirRaid site, and can't seem to find a filter listed for a 2005--what part number did you use? Thanks.

PCBeach
:ssr

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
filter or spacer, filter from [email protected] but the spacer is for the 1500 silverado, seen in here in one of the comments that this is the one that fits. mine will be on thursday and can let you know for sure if it works.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Before anyone gets too excited about the K&N, K&N itself only claims about 4 hp gain for their Aircharger kit (that's the $400 kit, NOT the drop in air filter). If anyone is getting more than that, they should contact K&N as I'm sure K&N will want to know how you did it. :)

As for that throttle body spacer, save your money.

Jim G

·
Registered
185 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
Before anyone gets too excited about the K&N, K&N itself only claims about 4 hp gain for their Aircharger kit (that's the $400 kit, NOT the drop in air filter). If anyone is getting more than that, they should contact K&N as I'm sure K&N will want to know how you did it. :)

As for that throttle body spacer, save your money.

Jim G[/QUOTe

I will be glad to supply the before and after dyno charts along with the AirRaid filter number. Not sure how to post them.
The Dyno was done by Dynocomp here in Scottsdale. They are also an independent tester for AirRaid so they was amazed with the results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts