Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you 05 owners have perforations inside your exhaust tips?

When ampmop and I did some 04 versus 05 comparions earlier today, he pointed out that his stock 05 exhaust tips have perforated interior liners, where as my 04 stock tips do not.

Is this consistent across ALL 05s, and 05s ONLY?

Jim G

G

·
Mine were perfed. there is an early 05 down at the dealer. Im getting ready to go out, i will check it out. it was one that came thru when they were makin the 04's. Vinn was 10000 something. :ssr :seeya

G

·
I just got back from the dealer. They have two 05's with vinns under 12000, one was 11097 I believe. They both have the perfs, so I bet all the 05 SSr's have them, besides that there are two pipes coming out of the muffler on the 05's.
The 03-04 have only one coming out of the muffler, then it splits into two before going over the rear axle. Also the pipe going in the muffler on 03-04's are 2 1/2", on the 05's the pipe going in the front of the muffler is 3". Least ways that the way my 03 and 05 were stock. :flag :ssr :seeya

·
Registered
421 Posts
Me Too!

My '05 had them too. That was the "modification" that Chevy made to the exhaust betweem the '04s and the '05s. It helps reduce the drone. There was a prior discussion about the 04s having more of a growl than the 05s.

But, I cut mine off and replaced the whole thing with a Dynatech and Corsa system.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know for sure if the perfs were to

(a) change the sound?

or

(b) reduce the heat distortion of the rear fascia by the exhausts?

Jim G

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Me Too!

05 Aqua Blur 6 spd #20429 (That really needs 4:56 gears if someone can tell me how) Mine are perf'd too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts