Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
3,942 Posts
Ya’. I’m PERMADREAM‘N about when I can get out and go to a rally with one of the SSR’s

i did drive both of them down the county road and back to lubricant the gears today

·
Registered
984 Posts
Into bikes Swt Ryd you ever go to Barbers Motorsports Complex in Birmingham they have the biggest collection of bikes in the world, in the October they do Barber Vintage Festival bikes from all over come down and go on the track.

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Into bikes Swt Ryd you ever go to Barbers Motorsports Complex in Birmingham they have the biggest collection of bikes in the world, in the October they do Barber Vintage Festival bikes from all over come down and go on the track.
Yes, about 10 years ago went to Barbers. Really neat place.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,711 Posts
Barbers may have the largest collection, but you can't touch them or hear them run. There isn't anyone there to tell you about them or start them for you.
It doesn't matter if it is a 1999 or 1905. 99% in the collection are AMERICAN MADE & RUNS!
Google the world's rarest motorcycle and it will tell you it is at Dale's Wheels Through Time
Dale's Wheels Through Time is the place to go to receive a different type of PERMAGRIN.
Those of us that have been on a Motorcycle for over 50 years look back on our PERMADREAMS!
The name of the museum changed it's name last year from Wheels Through Time to Dale's Through Time.

Home - Wheels Through Time

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Barbers may have the largest collection, but you can't touch them or hear them run. There isn't anyone there to tell you about them or start them for you.
It doesn't matter if it is a 1999 or 1905. 99% in the collection are AMERICAN MADE & RUNS!
Google the world's rarest motorcycle and it will tell you it is at Dale's Wheels Through Time
Dale's Wheels Through Time is the place to go to receive a different type of PERMAGRIN.
Those of us that have been on a Motorcycle for over 50 years look back on our PERMADREAMS!
The name of the museum changed it's name last year from Wheels Through Time to Dale's Through Time.

Been to Dales also. Seen him on Chasing Classic Cars

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Been to Dales also. Seen him on Chasing Classic Cars
He did have a show on TV about his builds and chasing down leads. It was always on in the middle of the day and would catch it at lunch time. It was a good show because it didn't have the made up drama that a lot of the shows throw in to draw in the non automotive viewers.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,781 Posts

Love that Museum!, been there at least a half dozen times. First time I was there I had just finished restoring a 1942 Harley WLA and was having issues with the oil draining back to the crankcase from the tank when it sat and then it would purge half a quart of oil out the breather when I started it.
Dale and his son were walking around the museum when I was there with my father in law. I showed them pics of my bike and told him about the oil issue. They took me back to the shop and showed me a tool Dale made from a push rod with a check ball brazed to the end of it to lap the seat in the pump. Showed me how to make it and how to use it. I tried it when I got home and it worked perfectly. The following year I saw Dale and thanked him, he remembered us and he gave us both a card for free admission which I have used several times since! I buy raffle tickets for the raffle bike every year just to help support the museum. It's more than just a museum, it's like a slice of history with all the diorama displays and story boards.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,711 Posts
I've personally known Dale and Matt for 10 years. GREAT guys and everyone that works and volunteers there are GREAT.
I volunteered there for about 5 years. I built Dale's first computer network in 2001

1 - 12 of 12 Posts