Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like my doc dosent want me to work any longer. Says im not getting enough rest. So it looks like my last day here is may 16th.
Its been great working here for the last three years ans three years before that. I have a total of forty years at this job. So i guess enough is enough.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,816 Posts
Well it looks like my doc dosent want me to work any longer. Says im not getting enough rest.
Its been great working here for the last three years ans three years before that. I have a total of forty years at this job. So i guess enough is enough.
===================
Please elucidate.....where is "here"? And how does working 'here the last three years' equate to 'forty years on this job'??

Message just isn't clear......and you might want to turn on your Spell-Check.

Good Luck. :puzzled:

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,181 Posts
Mark

Definitely going to miss losing one of our parts insiders, but your health is way more important.....

Keep kickin', fighting and get well.
Gary

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,181 Posts
===================
Please elucidate.....where is "here"? And how does working 'here the last three years' equate to 'forty years on this job'??
Message just isn't clear.

Good Luck. :puzzled:
Mark is one of our parts gurus and works at American Chevrolet in CA. He retired a few years back and then returned. I'm sure he'll fill in the details.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,816 Posts
Thanks for kinda filling in the blanks r_r.

I was trying to make the numbers make sense (3 = 40??) but I gotcha now.

Thanks for the clarification. :yesnod

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Well it looks like my doc dosent want me to work any longer. Says im not getting enough rest. So it looks like my last day here is may 16th.
Get some rest my friend, and stay in touch. If you need anything, you've got my number.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
37,436 Posts
Yes Mark rest up and get well,I'm sure the added rest will help out.

·
SSR Pit Crew
9,297 Posts
Take care of yourself Mark, get that rest the doctor has ordered. I know you will be going crazy without the job so find something soothing to your soul to take up your time without taking your energy.
:grouphug

Randi

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
For the very few who don't know, Mark has been an invaluable resource for this Forum.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

And the best of luck in everything you do.

(I'm sure you'll think of lots of things to keep you busy!)

:cheers
Thanks for your help Mark! We wish you the very best!!! :cheers

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Mark,
The best of luck to you, and get some rest. You have been of great help to me and the other fanatics.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Best of luck to you, Mark, and thank you for all your help in the past. May be time to get the fish pond going again?

:blur:

·
Florida SSR Fanatic
3,026 Posts
Mark - A Good Rest is what will take care of that big C -
Do what the doctor ordered.
Thanks again for all of your help.

Your long distant buddy,:right:
_MG_3539.jpg

·
BlueStreak
26,746 Posts
Good luck in your retirement Mark, Has the boss assigned anyone to take over the SSR account for you? We need to keep that American Chevrolet connection going.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Passion is the only word i know that comes to mind. As i spoke to you just the other day for the first time i realize that it is passion that drives you to be the best at what you do for yourself, your family, and your friends. And even though you may be leaving the job you love to do just remember that your not loosing the friends you have made along the way. I wish you best and never give up

·
MO Mick
353 Posts
Thank you for always being there for us. Having an SSR friendly inside resource, a Fanatic who keeps us informed, and a friendly voice at the other end of the phone has made you special in our SSR lives. Take care, try to enjoy the rest, and thank you very much.
Mick

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the kind words.
Yes ive been at this job for forty years at assorted dealerships and aftermarket stores. But i will miss it.
My wife is happy as we wont be living apart anymore.
My boss here at american chevrolet dennis will be here to take care of all your needs as he was when i left the first time.

·
OP
8,210 Posts
Sorry you are having to retire "again" under these circumstances...rest up my friend.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts