Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Fathers Day Gift. Patti ordered personalized plates for our SSR with my handle on the forum, RR Guy. This stands for Railroad Guy since we spent 41 years with Union Pacific and ended my career as an executive. We recently added a steam engine picture under the hood. We love trains!

What would RR GUY mean? Please Help me, I am pissed. 馃憤馃嚭馃嚫馃

Our order was declined as racist. I have no idea how RR (Railroad) comes across with anything to do with race or any of the other mentioned people who might take offense. The railroad life was our life and it was very good to us.

Attachments

Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
My Fathers Day Gift. Patti ordered personalized plates for our SSR with my handle on the forum, RR Guy. This stands for Railroad Guy since we spent 41 years with Union Pacific and ended my career as an executive. We recently added a steam engine picture under the hood. We love trains!

Our order was declined as racist. I have no idea how RR (Railroad) comes across with anything to do with race or any of the other mentioned people who might take offense. The railroad life was our life and it was very good to us.
Great idea. Sorry they declined it.

One of the SoCal Nuts
I would Ask DMV what they found offensive (politely) and see what they have to say which may give you some idea of how to get around their issue. If there is a way to challenge it I would. Maybe someone beat you to it?

Slingshot Rules!
Big Ole Bummer, RR Guy . . .

I had a very similar scenario happen to me about 20 years ago with The Bummer's Personalized Plate.

Supposedly the "DMV Experts" rejected BUMMER due to a relationship to Drugs and/or a Drug User. After about six months of phone calls and e-mails, they reversed their decision (aka: Saw It My Way) and approved it.

I appreciate they must be careful but . . . GOOD GRIEF.

My advice . . . DON'T GIVE UP.

! :mad: ! :p ! :mad: ! :p ! :mad: !

BAD BOW TIE
When I applied for mine the gal explained how it works in South Dakota anyway. First they make you fill out a form with three choices in case the first two are taken already and or they think it is offensive. She showed me the regulation that covers it and they have the final say and even if it slips through and you get the plates they can deny it at any time down the road. First the person you give the paperwork to and all the other employees there have to approve it. Then you pay and the money and the application goes to the state and a 6 person review board looks at it from every angle and if all 6 approve it then it goes to the company that makes the plate and they look it over for a problem and if none noted they make the plate and it is sent to you. Even if you apply for the plate you never know until you get it or if it is denied. It can be denied for any reason even after you get it. She explained you would be surprised the offensive foul meaning things folks try to slip by. She gave several examples of PH used for F etc. One guy spelled the whole thing backwards so if you were ahead of him at the light you could read it in your mirror and it was very foul. They are over the top it seems but they have to be careful because of the thin skinned people out there.

Get them to explain why and sometimes just moving or adding a letter can get it thru. Our state you can have up to 7 letters or numbers. A guy I worked with is a cowboy and he wanted his plates to show he was a black hat guy. With the number of letters thing he put BLKHATR. He got the plate but they recalled it because someone said it meant BLACK HATER to them. He re-applied and changed it to BLKHAT and it went right through. So you never know. GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: soren703

BAD BOW TIE
:( Now days there is no logic it what defines offensive. I forgot the number limit on letters, but how about RAILRD GUY?

Nick

Way to many letters and spaces but how about using the railroad crossing X for railroad and end up with RXRGUY. Just a thought. Tell them what you want it to mean and they can help you and give you some choices.

Registered
We have to explain what the meaning is on the application. Some people get stuff by but then someone can call and report it as offensive and they can pull it.

Spirited driver!

Amazing what is considered offensive these days. Perhaps they were afraid he you were part of the "Red Resistance". Here is a pic of their Facebook page.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts