Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I told you I would update you as I was updated.
Just got word from Panavise (maker of OEM phone holder brackets) engineer. He is still working on a prototype for the SSR and at this time is looking to mount it either inplace of the "useless" coin holder or cup holder.

He will notify me when a prototype is ready and I will notify all of you.
Stay tuned...

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
ampmop said:
Hey everyone, I told you I would update you as I was updated.
Just got word from Pro-fit (maker of OEM phone holder brackets) engineer. He is still working on a prototype for the SSR and at this time is looking to mount it either inplace of the "useless" coin holder or cup holder.

He will notify me when a prototype is ready and I will notify all of you.
Stay tuned...
Got a MOTO RAZR, it fits nicely in the "Coin Holder".

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hands free car kits

Good ideas but i prefer to drive with my cell phone in a hands free mode with NOTHING in my ear. The units I use mute the stereo when the phone rings or is active. I can concentrate on the road and take care of business.

My phones have bluetooth technology, but I still like it facing me so I can just reach over and dial or check my organizer, etc, etc.

This is where these brackets come in, I have used them for years in ALL types and makes of vehicles both foreign and domestic. They hold any OEM holder from any phone maker.

If any of you have good ideas for locations, let me know. Keeping in mind, ease of install, minimizing modifications from originality of SSR, a/c vents (no cold phones) access to ALL controls both visually and physically.

Thanks

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
two options

Just received an email on phone holder mounts for the SSR.
Two options, one difficult to install, one easy.
As soon as he sends me pics as attachments, I will post.
The difficult install is located on the right side of the radio, but requires removal of the upper dash, we all know what that means...(airbag)
The easy install is located just above the coin holder mounted behind the satin trim piece. Personally, I like this one best.

I will include pics as soon as I get them.
OP

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
here are the pics

Both samples are on the way to me to try. I'll update when I have the results.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
My $.02

I would keep my phone on my side before I would put that on my dash anywhere :nono SORRY

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crazyrtr53 said:
I would keep my phone on my side before I would put that on my dash anywhere :nono SORRY
I understand why you would feel that way. I have used these products for years in many different vehicles. There is no modification to the vehicle, uses existing holes, once the phone cradle is attached, you do not even see the bracket (pictured in previous thread). It is a very professional, secure, affordable set-up, but each to his own.
I use nokia phones (bluetooth) and personally install the handfree car-kits into my vehicles, makes driving and talking on the phone safer and easier.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals....I bought a cellphone holster from Walmart (4.95) that has a clip on it for clipping to your belt, and I was surprised to find out that the clip slips right into the cup holder bracket on the drivers side. Works great for me. I will try and post a photo.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Cingular gave me a "no slip" pad for my Treo 650. I put it at the end of the center console, plug my phone in for recharge, and put the phone on pad.. it stays there just fine and dandy, even when I do mach 2 around the curves. You can get similiar pads at Best Buy.

Treo 650 is bluetooth, so I have my ear piece. It works very nice.

·
Registered
416 Posts
living2be said:
Hey Guys and Gals....I bought a cellphone holster from Walmart (4.95) that has a clip on it for clipping to your belt, and I was surprised to find out that the clip slips right into the cup holder bracket on the drivers side. Works great for me. I will try and post a photo.
My cellphone (Samsung SCH-A650) shipped with a plastic holster with belt clip on the back. I never clip it to my belt; the phone's so small I usually just slip it into my front pocket, although I sometime clip it to my PC bag or SLR backpack.

Anyway, I can't wait now to get home this evening and check whether the belt clip on this holster will slide into the driver's side cup holder bracket. What a cool coincidence that would be!

I'll report back if it works.

·
Registered
203 Posts
ampmop,
Im looking for way to mount my GPS. That 1st pic you posted might be what Im looking for. The GPS has to be close to choose menus/routes and best to see and hear directions.

Cheers !
pretzel~

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
living2be

OK, I' not too forum savy :confused how do I access your photo link????

1 - 20 of 38 Posts