Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be happy to and will do so, once it arrives on my doorstep, which is supposed to be today. Rest assured, once here, I will waste no time putting that baby on Black Betty! Will p0ost pics of the installation process also. :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the spoiler this afternoon and am very pleased with the fit and finish. As I expected, it is very different from the one on the pace vehicle, and is, in my opinion, a cooler more angular look that makes the SSR look a lot better. After propping it up on some rubber boots to see how she looked and how hard the install would be, I realized that it is definately a two man job, and I am taking it over to Chesapeake to my friends at micarcollison.com to install it for me. I don't want to mess up an expensive, prepainted aftermarket part just because of a little anxiety, so you will have to wait until my boys at micar put it on tomorow morning. In the meantime, here are a few shots of it temporarily proped in place. It is exactly as I expected and I personally want to thank Lesa and her team for doing such a superb job on the fit and finish. :thumbs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A couple more and the comparison of the pace car one. Before all you critics get on board about this one not lookin like the Pace car spoiler (the main differnece in the angular appearance and the outside edges not meeting bluntly like the ones on the pace car), Lesa and her team at Axiom clearly stated from the get go that it was going to be similar, not exactly the same as the pace car spoiler. Artistically, from an artist's perspective, I think they hit the nail on the proverbial head. Excellent work you all! I love the angular lines, including the way it meets at the ends.

One other feature abot the design that I like is that it retains that center line seam that runs throughout the vehicles hood, roof and bed cover. It really give the truck some "ATTITUDE".

Attachments

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
I love that 3rd photo. It looks like there is someone under neath, legs pread, in rainboots, holding up the front of the SSR! :)

Jim G

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to mention one more very important feature, the spoiler is no lower than the original air dam (that funny horizontal piece of plastic that is sooo expensive under the front facia attached to the radiator), so scraping it on speed bumps should be of minimal concern. It does not lower the vehicle any more than the original air dam did. Thought you should know that. :thumbs

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
People hit that somewhat flexible factory air dam on parking bumpers all the time without realizing it, util they actually break it and find out how much it costs. Then they are much more careful after that! :)

Jim G

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Cruzned: I hate to even ask this, but why not. Will your addition improve or hinder air flow? You know where I'm coming from

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,127 Posts
Cruzned,

Awesome add-on. How far aft does the scoop go? Does it mate up to the attachment at the radiator cross-member and force the airflow through the A/C condenser and radiator? This would be a really good thing. Also, what is the price per unit and where do I order one?

Mike

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The center area is completely open and allows the air to strike the "air dam" (that cheap horizontal plastic piece at the bottom of the radiator). It does not appear to help or hurt/disrupt airflow in any way. I would think it actually directs airflow to the radiator if anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts