Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, The dealer called me at around 10 am and told me that they just got it in. I left work early and picked it up. Financed it at 3.8%. I figured that's pretty cheap money. The car is so much better looking close by. It also grows on you. The more you look at it the more you like it. I have only driven it for 25 miles so I can't really give you my opinion but here are some:

1- It seems plenty powerful

2-The top is awesome, no problems. I have opened and closed it about15 times already (less than 4 hrs) with no problems at all

3-Everyone and I mean everyone is staring

4- I wish it had those mini back seats so I could take my wife and kids for a ride at the same time( 5 and 1). We have to hire a baby- sitter!
5- I took it to the dealership BMW
that I usually get my cars at. They had laughed at me 6 months ago and told me "it's just a Chevy" . All their customers, technicians, sales guys and even the owner were out checking it out. The owner told me that he thought it was really a cool car and represented American Muscle! ( I didn't tell them about the 0-60)

6- I'm not impressed with the stereo yet. But I haven't learned all the details of it. I'll foll around with it tomorrow. Since everyone here had said that it was great, I was expecting one as good as my foreign cars. have you noticed that when you bring the top down the volume automatically increases? Is it me or does this really happen?

My 5 year old loves it. My wife even liked it. She had called it ugly before but it is growing on her. Red is the way to go. It's such a bright red that gets ever one's attention. But not as loud as yellow. I didn't have big enough ....to get yellow

It's 40 degrees or colder here in Chicago and drove with the top down the whole day :) Plan to do the same tomorrow :) IF I die of pneumonia, please offer my wife 5K over MSRP for the past two years she had to put up with me while waiting for this baby.

Here some fast ( not so hot) shots I have taken, more to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I almost forgot. the dealer pointed out a very very small chip by the driver door. They said it happened in transport and they are going to paint that small panel (over the drivers window) for me. Anyone think this is a bad idea. You really can't see the chip but I wanted fixed. I'm afraid you'd be able to tell the difference after the paint job.

Also, my running boards are back-ordered, they will be here next week they told me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi,
Pics look great, good luck with your new ride. That 3.8% finance rate was that GMAC or bank hope to have mine second week in December my build date was November 17th. Well your new ride looks great cant wait to get mine.
Thanks,
Mike:cheers :cheers

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bank. Does GMAC has a better rate?

B

·
0 Posts
Sweeeet!!! Congrats!
Looks great in red! I drove mine around tonight in NJ with the top down, the seats warm and the heater up. It may not be Arizona but cozy just the same! Got to admit that I contemplated selling mine when I saw the prices but now I can't part with it (a common dilemma?). Definitly well built, heavy hood and all! Something that will still be around in 2050 and admired as a Chevy icon. When was the last time that happened?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know about 2050 but I will kepp it through 2004. I'm too stupid to keep a car for longer than 18 months. I take losses all the time but cars are my weakness. Once you are married, it's only cars and guns that can excite you (unless you'd like to lose half) :banghead :banghead :banghead

1 - 11 of 11 Posts