Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Rear Compartment without trim?

:cheers

Thanks for the pictures. And thanks for all your previous info.
Just because you now have your truck, don't forget about your your friends on-line.

It appears your tailgate has the carpeting from the expensive
cargo bed option. Does it contrast with the standard bay?
It appears to look good and will certainly protect the tailgate.

What are you going to use to protect the bed floor and walls?

I am curious because my has the standard bed also.
Is there a carpet kit that might match the tailgate cover?

Did you get the heated seats?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Post!

I think the cargo compartment trim is the way to go! That should be available very soon thru GM parts. GM has up graded the tail gate with the compartment trim for some reason I don't know about. I have the 1SB package with includes the heated seats. FYI! And no I'm a SSR guy and don't mind posting for my other brothers and sisters, I'll be hanging around for a long time! :cheers

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine was ordered with the option package but didn't have the carpet in the bed. I was bummed until the local trim shop that does all the warranty work here for the Chevy store told me he'd carpet it with OEM material for $500 including the underside of the hatch. He's going to do it in red and will include two lamps. I'll let you know how he handles the 'rub strips'..... He just said 'Don't worry, you'll like it"..... His track record on custom work is very good.

D

·
0 Posts
Bet you can thank this guy(Ron St. Pauleys) for escalated prices on new vehicles! A broker who hords the system with orders so us consumers can't get our vehicles. Bet that red SSR is For Sale!

·
Banned
41 Posts
Thank you Ron for escalating the price. I plan to sell mine hopefully with a small profit after I drive it for a couple of months. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Interesting perspectives. I am sure that all of the dealers that are gouging and charging thousands over sticker are doing so because they can, and not because they think that some individuals will buy and resell their SSRs. So which is worse, a GM dealer who takes advantage of his position and ability to get the vehicle at cost, and makes tons of money selling way over sticker? Or someone who beat the rest of us to the punch, put his money down, waited for the arrival of his SSR, and decides to sell it? Also, hoarding is about getting a lot of something and keeping it all to yourself. Perhaps you mean flooding the system with orders? That I think would drive the manufacturer to make more, or as many as they possibly could, just to keep up. If that made GM increase the price I would be surprised. Ask your local dealer why they charge what they do. If the dealer can not get one, then it is because they don't meet the criteria, in short, they don't deserve it. If you came here to stir up some s#!t, you've suceeded.....Hey Troy, keep an eye on his posts. Thanks

W

·
0 Posts
Hello Everyone - new to this site-Driver of vin #567 Slingshot Yellow-NC license plate "2003 SSR"

I know everyone is just starting to get their SSR's but has there been any discussion on any Cruises or get togethers in the spring or summer?
Had alot of fun (still having fun) with the 50th on the Vettes this year and thought it would be neat to have a Cruise or two on the SSR's 1st anniversary

Regards - John
03 SSR - 55 Step - 61 Vette

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was thinking about the 'Dream Cruise' in Detroit in summer. We could do a 'pilgrimage' to the Craft Centre in Lansing where they were built too. That's my vote.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Anniversary Cruise

:cry Still WAITING for my SSR but I wanted

to cast my vote for LAS VEGAS as I did in

my October 17th post.

Since I live only 20 minutes from the Las

Vegas strip I promise to drive real l l l l l l l y

s l o w......

Your ladyinred.

Lizz :angel

J

·
0 Posts
White61vette said:
Hello Everyone - new to this site-Driver of vin #567 Slingshot Yellow-NC license plate "2003 SSR"

I know everyone is just starting to get their SSR's but has there been any discussion on any Cruises or get togethers in the spring or summer?
Had alot of fun (still having fun) with the 50th on the Vettes this year and thought it would be neat to have a Cruise or two on the SSR's 1st anniversary

Regards - John
03 SSR - 55 Step - 61 Vette

1 - 14 of 14 Posts