Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of their SSR with the factory windblocker installed? Not the closeup chevy catalogue photo but a view of the whole truck with the screen.
Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
6.0scSSR said:
Does anyone have a pic of their SSR with the factory windblocker installed? Not the closeup chevy catalogue photo but a view of the whole truck with the screen.
Thanks.
Here ya go.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone!

I'll order mine tomorrow. Does it come off pretty easily with thumb screws or something?

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,621 Posts
It's secured via two of the four bolts used to hold on the "seat bumper". You need to remove the plastic caps to expose the nuts to loosen them. The install/deinstall takes about 5 minutes. I just installed mine about two weeks ago. You do have to get comfortable with the slight line of sight blockage from the upper bar in the wind blocker and the small amount of distortion of the headlights from behind at night.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've had mine for about a month; put it on three weeks ago for a 1½ week-long road trip through New Mexico & Colorado. After the trip was over, I took it back off (and stowed it in the cover that comes with it). I wouldn't have bothered to take it off, if it weren't so easy to do.

Anyway, we took a top-down freeway ride last weekend, and my better half was unhappy with the increased wind turbulence with the windbreak removed.

Bottom line, it does its job well, looks great, and mine is going back on the next time I have the top down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts