Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals I was at the Michigan State / Louisiana Tech Football game today in East Lansing Michigan. (Please don’t tease me about the out come of the game!) :cry After the game we went over to the Lansing Craft Center where they are building the new SSR. I took a few pictures for all of you to look at. Enjoy! I'll post the pictures as I reduce the size for the forum. Hope Troy don't mind!

:cool :cheers :seeya

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's VIN # 172

Hey I was lucking enough to have one of the truck drivers take my camera and snap this picture from inside the fence I asked him to look at the VIN # on the SSR and he said it is #00172. So the lucky person shouldn't be to long before they have it!

:cheers :cool :seeya

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the post of the black SSr. It is the very first actual photo I have seen. I put a deposit down for a black SSr last February. It has been a long wait - mine has a build date for next week.... I think if you tint the glass, add a little pinstriping it will look pretty hot.

Thanks.

·
Banned
41 Posts
these must be the test/eval cars. I can't tell if it was a cloudy day or not? I hope it didn't rain or these would be some WET SSRs. :jester

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lucky!

mimhoff said:
Thanks for the post of the black SSr. It is the very first actual photo I have seen. I put a deposit down for a black SSr last February. It has been a long wait - mine has a build date for next week.... I think if you tint the glass, add a little pinstriping it will look pretty hot.

Thanks.
I was just lucky when I showed up that the transport guy was pretty cool about taking the picture! It's the first time I have seen black up close and it does look awesome! Good luck on yours!

:cheers

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mimhoff said:

Thanks.
Here's a picture of black one in the back lot of the plant! The zoom on my digital camera is only 6x so I wish I could have gotten closer! Not bad for a far off shot though!

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Re: Ron..Thanks for the pics!!

ladyinred said:
Couldn't help but notice on the under-carriage..is that

rust?????
Yes what you see is rust. I believe that these are Capture Fleet Vehicles that the engineers get to drive. And this being Michigan we put one inch of salt on the roads when we get 2 inches of snow. Not sure how long or how many miles there is on the one but that's what we have to deal with up here!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fantastic!

Ron, Your the greatest ! Thanks for the first pictures of a Black SSR. :party

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Cruzned

That rust called my attention too! Not a very good sign. Right now, I just don't care that much about it. I am focused on this damned hurricane Isabel and it looks like it is going to do some serious damage to our coast, although, we should get some great surf from it. Let's hope it stays off shore and brings us the surf and not the damaging winds. Hopefully, we will still have a house left after it blows through here. Hope it does not do to us what Andrew did to Florida a while back. We shall see...

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Ron, It's great to see a few SSRs lined up together! Lets hope they ship before the snow flies :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts